Vote Mobs!

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10439
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by I Think »

daria wrote:I think there's something to be said for instituting an IQ test,


If you had to have an iq test in order to vote, twould be the end of the harpys, always assuming the low end cut off was above a room temperature iq.
We're lost but we're making good time.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by grammafreddy »

Cripes ... let them vote NDP and Liberal!!! I hope they ALL vote that way because I will get a better pension, better health care and maybe even great Rx coverage - and smooth sailing in my dotage. Yeehaw!!!

The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!

I may just vote left myself because it is in my best interests to do so ... what do I care if they are just sinking their own financial futures? I get the advantages of it now - and they get the screwing later. Haha
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

grammafreddy wrote:The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!




Really? You talk like you've been to a post-secondary institute in the last decade...oh wait you probably haven't... So where do you get this stuff from? I mean it's not right to talk about something when you don't actually know anything about it. Let people make up their own minds, give the youth a fair shot, you don't know how they vote, or which direction the schools push them to vote. (FYI the schools don't push either way, infact that don't talk much about it at all, unless you're in political science or the like)
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by grammafreddy »

UnknownResident wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!




Really? You talk like you've been to a post-secondary institute in the last decade...oh wait you probably haven't... So where do you get this stuff from? I mean it's not right to talk about something when you don't actually know anything about it. Let people make up their own minds, give the youth a fair shot, you don't know how they vote, or which direction the schools push them to vote. (FYI the schools don't push either way, infact that don't talk much about it at all, unless you're in political science or the like)


LOL - yeah, riiight. And what makes you so sure I haven't been anywhere near a classroom in the last 50 years? I may be old but I ain't brain dead, Honey.

And, fercrissakes ... I am supporting all this leftist stuff ... and now you want to attack ME because I support what the universities have been preaching for such a long time??

You joke - right?

Vote left - butter my bread! (but you will not be able to afford the bread or the butter if the lefts get in)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

Your rebuttal shows no proof or examples of any sort of political pushing by any post-secondary institute. Provide examples please.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

UnknownResident wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!




Really? You talk like you've been to a post-secondary institute in the last decade...oh wait you probably haven't... So where do you get this stuff from? I mean it's not right to talk about something when you don't actually know anything about it. Let people make up their own minds, give the youth a fair shot, you don't know how they vote, or which direction the schools push them to vote. (FYI the schools don't push either way, infact that don't talk much about it at all, unless you're in political science or the like)



well then things have sure changed - from high school through to final year of university every "arts" course I took was populated with left-leaning academia that couldn't wait to try and shape our skulls full of mush into like-minded socialist proteges. A few of us wised up pretty quickly, or even better never fell for the bull-crap in the first place. And trust me - it is ALL bull-crap, including every single thing that falls out of Jack Layton's mouth.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
UnknownResident wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!




Really? You talk like you've been to a post-secondary institute in the last decade...oh wait you probably haven't... So where do you get this stuff from? I mean it's not right to talk about something when you don't actually know anything about it. Let people make up their own minds, give the youth a fair shot, you don't know how they vote, or which direction the schools push them to vote. (FYI the schools don't push either way, infact that don't talk much about it at all, unless you're in political science or the like)



well then things have sure changed - from high school through to final year of university every "arts" course I took was populated with left-leaning academia that couldn't wait to try and shape our skulls full of mush into like-minded socialist proteges. A few of us wised up pretty quickly, or even better never fell for the bull-crap in the first place. And trust me - it is ALL bull-crap, including every single thing that falls out of Jack Layton's mouth.



I will say again, what exactly do they do?
User avatar
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3922
Joined: Nov 10th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by Homeownertoo »

UnknownResident wrote:
Homeownertoo wrote:I have elsewhere suggested an upper age limit on voting. And whether I think 25 is the right age, or 21 or 30 or some other number is not really important. What I am alluding to in making the suggestion is that, 1. We should not be encouraging a trip to the ballot box by people uninclined to do so, and 2. Just because someone is allowed to attend post-secondary school, or allowed to drink, doesn't mean they have the same commitment to a well-functioning political system as someone who is earning his/her way or who is prepared to put his life on the line for his/her country and thus has a stake in seeing their contributions put to good purpose. There are many avenues for political participation outside putting your X beside a name; perhaps reserving that right to those described above would enhance its value and the commitment of people who have earned it or wish to do so. Contrarily, handing out votes like condoms at an orgy only cheapens them and leads people to believe their young, uninformed voices deserve to be registered and that doing so will somehow enhance the democratic process.



I suppose being an under 25er I should probably take offense to that? I've voiced my opinion, and honestly feel like I'm probably one of the most level-headed people on this subject. The above statements issue is that it groups all under 25ers as uninformed, easily bought yadda yadda. It's complete BS, and I have news for you, most people who vote are uninformed, in all age groups. The youth have a right to vote as much as you do, because they have a different political view (which is what this about, don't beat around the bush) does not mean they shouldn't be able to express it. And what's this garbage about putting your life on the line for your country? Really? I have quite a few friends in the military right now that would probably take offense to that, but it's easy to type the stuff from your cozy chair, right?

So what the middle aged group gets to rule the country because they know what's best? Look where we are, I'll have it be known it was your age group that got us here - great job so far... :127:

I do however think somebody who wants to vote should have to answer a true and false or go through a Q&A or something that proves they are politically informed. I think it would surprise a lot of people how many informed youth are out there, and how many uninformed middle-aged whack jobs there are. If my country took away my right to vote, my political representation, I would leave and never look back.

Congratulations for having so abundantly demonstrated my point!

I never characterized any, let alone all, under-25s as "uninformed, easily bought yadda yadda", as you claimed, thus demonstrating your inability to read comprehensively. What I did say was that under-25s have yet to develop a significant stake in the well-functioning of both society and the political system because they have not, for the most part, acquired the responsibilities that underpin such a stake.

Your so-called "news" for me that most people in all age groups are uninformed is hardly news and of little significance. And your view that "youth have a right to vote as much as you do, because they have a different political view" hardly qualifies as a well-reasoned argument, again demonstrating your unsuitability as a voter.

I very much doubt that your alleged friends in the military would take offense at my suggestion that they may have a greater stake in their country than you or I at that age. In fact, it's not really a point worth debating as it is so self-evident. At any rate, that was merely a suggestion on my part.

As for administering a test to see who should qualify to vote, I have addressed this elsewhere and only wish to add here that there are so many objections to such a standard that I am surprised you have not thought of any yourself, unless perhaps you are not as well-informed as you let on. And if you think this country's worth to you can be summed up in the right to vote before you have learned a few of life's lessons, well, I shudder to think that you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the right to vote.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
User avatar
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3922
Joined: Nov 10th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by Homeownertoo »

grammafreddy wrote:Cripes ... let them vote NDP and Liberal!!! I hope they ALL vote that way because I will get a better pension, better health care and maybe even great Rx coverage - and smooth sailing in my dotage. Yeehaw!!!

The school system and the universities have been brainwashing to the left for so long now that it comes as no surprise that all these mob scenes are yelling left garbage stuff.

Of course, they haven't yet been told all these perks (free tuition, social stuff, green crap, yada yada) are gonna cost the young people big time - but let's not tell them that yet - we'll wait until they haven't got enough money left from their wages to support their families because their taxes are so high ... like I care? ... this left-leaning stuff is great for us old fogies!!

I may just vote left myself because it is in my best interests to do so ... what do I care if they are just sinking their own financial futures? I get the advantages of it now - and they get the screwing later. Haha

I like your thinking. I may have to reconsider my own vote. Oh darn, I voted early. Too late.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
User avatar
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4516
Joined: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by Bagotricks »

"Universities and colleges push left wing ideology". Either that or once you have been educated your views become alot more open to new ideas and concepts?

Can we poll how many Conservative supporters graduated high school?

"It is well know that reality has a left wing bias", but lets look at the facts.

People in University are informed. They are educated. You don't get INTO university by being a lowbrow, lets say.

People in University have not been corrupted by money and power - yet. They have not hit the working world where old right wingers hold the top job positions and firmly believe that "low business taxes and starved social programs mean a better bottom line - and that's all that counts". To them the world can be whatever they want it - they are optimists.

People in University are socially progressive. Unless your going to a Christian University - expect people to be open to change.

Educated, positive, selfless and progressive. Hmmm.

It's not surprising they don't vote Conservative and the Harper crowd fears them.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Bagotricks wrote:"Universities and colleges push left wing ideology". Either that or once you have been educated your views become alot more open to new ideas and concepts?

Can we poll how many Conservative supporters graduated high school?

"It is well know that reality has a left wing bias", but lets look at the facts.

People in University are informed. They are educated. You don't get INTO university by being a lowbrow, lets say.

People in University have not been corrupted by money and power - yet. They have not hit the working world where old right wingers hold the top job positions and firmly believe that "low business taxes and starved social programs mean a better bottom line - and that's all that counts". To them the world can be whatever they want it - they are optimists.

People in University are socially progressive. Unless your going to a Christian University - expect people to be open to change.

Educated, positive, selfless and progressive. Hmmm.

It's not surprising they don't vote Conservative and the Harper crowd fears them.


Good old Bago - we can always count on you to spin things to the left. As much as I'd like to agree with you that university goers are "educated, selfless" etc, given I am a university graduate, I'd have to disagree with almost everything you wrote. The reason that I saw most university students were left-wing leaning was that they had nothing to lose - no family, no mortage, no job, no kids, no car, no house, no life. So therefore, it's easy to be a left-wing guy that wants to be "progressive" as it doesn't matter if the government threatens to take away your livelihood, your job, and tax you into oblivion, as you don't have anything to tax or take away. While you say that it is "old right-wingers" that seem to be to blame in "the working world" for the metamorphosis people go through from left-leaning fool to centrist, it is obvious that there is only one real reason why people stop being such starry-eyed selfless progressives - it is called "reality".

Once you start earning things through real work in the real world - the things that make a life - like a life-partner/spouse, a house to live in, a job, children etc - you want to protect those things, because you worked hard to get them, and so therefore, they have VALUE. You see countries like Bolivia, Venezuela, and even Canada under Trudeau, expropriating property from rightful owners, and you see how easily government, once corrupted by extreme-left principles that made so much sense in Professor Yutz-bag's class when he was railing on about how the left just wants to be "fair and give everyone an equal chance", was actually a giant load of garbage, especially when the "fair and equal" government wants to steal a bigger chunk of your paycheque. Suddenly the idealism turns very real, as that idealism is now costing you money, and you don't like it. It is what for many is called an "ah-ha!" moment - when they realize just how dumb they were in university, and how much they were lied to by people they trusted.

Here's another way to explain it:

Father & Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?”

She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Apr 18th, 2011, 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
CJT84
Board Meister
Posts: 442
Joined: Mar 16th, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by CJT84 »

Bagotricks wrote:"Universities and colleges push left wing ideology". Either that or once you have been educated your views become alot more open to new ideas and concepts?

Can we poll how many Conservative supporters graduated high school?

I know lots of university grads who are conservatives.

"It is well know that reality has a left wing bias", but lets look at the facts.
Economics doesn't have a left wing bias, and leftists don't follow or even care about fundamental economics, so they are the ones abstaining from reality.

People in University are informed. They are educated. You don't get INTO university by being a lowbrow, lets say.
Sure they are educated, so is a master welder or a plumber in their various fields, that has zero impact on their political and economic understanding. Going to university doesn't give you common sense nor does it make you educated in everything, just educated in a specific field that most likely has little to do with politics.

People in University have not been corrupted by money and power - yet. They have not hit the working world where old right wingers hold the top job positions and firmly believe that "low business taxes and starved social programs mean a better bottom line - and that's all that counts". To them the world can be whatever they want it - they are optimists.
Believing that economic reality will go away if you just believe isn't optimistic it's lunacy. You could say the same thing about someone who squanders all their money on lotto tickets at the expense of their family, they'd be an optimist under that criteria as well.


People in University are socially progressive. Unless your going to a Christian University - expect people to be open to change.
Most are socially apathetic. Nice jab at Christian universities, cause giving your life to religion is totally selfish, thse selfish monks and priests giving their live to God... *bleep*. Most people I met in Uni (recent grad) were relativists who stuck by African and Middle Eastern dictators and supported anything as long as it was a) anti american b) anti western (which includes everything from science to fast food) and c) they could apply the same argument to any issue regardless of how complex a situation it was.

Educated, positive, selfless and progressive. Hmmm.

It's not surprising they don't vote Conservative and the Harper crowd fears them.
people are fearful of others who want to do good but think government can spend money at no one's expense. It's right to be fearful of people that think the answer to everything is "tax business" when you can't tax business any more than you can tax a chair. You tax people and leftists can never grasp that.

User avatar
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4516
Joined: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by Bagotricks »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”


You cant eat grades or keep warm with them.

Also - who says anyone is "playing" while others are working? What a crock - gotta keep that capitalist carrot infront of our faces eh? We are not all rocket scientists, executive stock brokers or inventors of the newest Ipod. The economy as it stands NEEDS plenty of low income workers and slaves - how would the top 5% sustain itself otherwise?

If this was accurate and actually reflected economics - "the daughter" would have 1,000,000 "A's" ( or a single grade that is worth 1 million A's ) and would be complaining that it wasn't right that she had to give any of them up - since she worked so hard for them.

Less than 5% of people own more than the other 95% combined. “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”
CJT84
Board Meister
Posts: 442
Joined: Mar 16th, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by CJT84 »

Bagotricks wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”


You cant eat grades or keep warm with them.

Also - who says anyone is "playing" while others are working? What a crock - gotta keep that capitalist carrot infront of our faces eh? We are not all rocket scientists, executive stock brokers or inventors of the newest Ipod. The economy as it stands NEEDS plenty of low income workers and slaves - how would the top 5% sustain itself otherwise?

If this was accurate and actually reflected economics - "the daughter" would have 1,000,000 "A's" ( or a single grade that is worth 1 million A's ) and would be complaining that it wasn't right that she had to give any of them up - since she worked so hard for them.

Less than 5% of people own more than the other 95% combined. “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”


So you should be able to dictate what things are worth is what you're saying. How does marx or any socialist economist tackle the problem of the value of goods? What was marx's monetary policy? What is the socialist monetary policy and how do socialists determine adequate value? Arbitrary dictation?
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Bagotricks wrote:Less than 5% of people own more than the other 95% combined. “Welcome to the conservative side of the fence.”


:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Bago Bago - still have that nasty habit of quoting ridiculous stats that you can never back up with real facts? I was hoping that you had learned by now, especially after the "Justin Bieber generates $85 billion a year to the Canadian economy" fiasco. Really - before you type this kind of stuff, please please think - "Can I substantiate this incredibly crazy claim or will I look foolish when called on it". For your own sake at least. Just some friendly advice.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”