Election humour

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Election humour

Post by NAB »

Why is it I only see posts with nothing in them when you post daria?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJMdXXfU9jA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

NAB wrote:Why is it I only see posts with nothing in them when you post daria?

Nab

She's posting youtube videos so you may have them blocked somehow.

Apparently she votes based on Rick Mercer's opinion.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Nab

That's strange. Perhaps your browser isn't set up to see youtube videos within a post?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Tacklewasher wrote:

Nab

She's posting youtube videos so you may have them blocked somehow.

Apparently she votes based on Rick Mercer's opinion.

No, I just appreciate his humour. I don't think Mercer votes for the party that I already voted for. :sunshine:

Pssst... at least I vote, and at least I do my civic duty and work for Elections Canada.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:

Nab

That's strange. Perhaps your browser isn't set up to see youtube videos within a post?

Ahhh, that thing again. I recall having a similar problem with a lot of gramma's posts at one time. Well, you should know that a lot of people have their browsers set to not allow active content from a site other than the one they are visiting to run. So you might consider just posting a link rather than embedding the video here, or perhaps alternatively do both.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I guess so, I figured it was easier for people to watch the videos directly on castanet, without having to open a new page/tab. The videos are mostly a selection of Mercer's Rants.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

CBC's latest article on Ignatieff targeting the NDP and using Chretien to mobilize Liberal support in Ontario garnered this great comment from a CBC reader:

"Aaaaarrrr Cap'n Jack be closing in on us, release the Chretien."

:dyinglaughing:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:I guess so, I figured it was easier for people to watch the videos directly on castanet, without having to open a new page/tab. The videos are mostly a selection of Mercer's Rants.

Thanks. It may be easier but is an insecure approach to a lot of people. Perhaps not with YouTube, but what you allow them to do can also allow other, possibly less trustworthy, sites to do too. It's a global security setting thing, not specific to this forum.

As for Mercer, I cannot stand him LOL. And that goes for Colbert too.

Nab
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I'm rather fond of political satire. How can you not like one of our great Newfie comedians? He's like Shaun Majumder and Mark Critch--flippin' hilarious. :sunshine:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:I'm rather fond of political satire. How can you not like one of our great Newfie comedians? He's like Shaun Majumder and Mark Critch--flippin' hilarious. :sunshine:

LOL. I guess some of us take our politics a mite more seriously than others, and don't appreciate those who distort the truth just for its comedy value. There are many folk who actually believe what these guys say and do as political satire, and vote accordingly. Not good IMO LOL.

Not to say politics in North America hasn't taken on comedic proportions, ...we just have to watch an hour of Question Period in our Parliament or Provincial Legislature each day (when it is in session - our provincial one has largely been shut down for going on a year now and, other than few days to do a bit of housekeeping will probably stay shut down for the rest of this year too. I really don't know what we pay these guys for or why we even have them if they are not going to at least perform their comedy in public on a regular basis, but that is another topic ;-) )

Nab
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Distorted? Yes, well, I suppose reality does tend to have a "liberal bias."

Besides, I vote based on my values, and as feminist, I won't support a party that has decreased funding for women's issues and groups.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:Distorted? Yes, well, I suppose reality does tend to have a "liberal bias."

Besides, I vote based on my values, and as feminist, I won't support a party that has decreased funding for women's issues and groups.

That of course is every person's choice. But probably belongs for discussion in a serious thread, not one dedicated to humour. LOL. Then again, perhaps it does belong here, for personally I consider the concept of "modern feminism" quite funny in itself ;-)

Nab
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

You'd rather have us all barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? :137: That would mean we'd really have a shortage of nurses and doctors....

Shoot, I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and not have an opinion, because I don't have a penis.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:You'd rather have us all barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? :137: That would mean we'd really have a shortage of nurses and doctors....

Shoot, I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and not have an opinion, because I don't have a penis.

LOL. That's a bit over the top I think, but probably the basis of what is so humourous about some modern femininists ;-) Perhaps a thread on feminist humour is in order :sillygrin:

Nab

Return to “Federal Election 2011”