Vote Mobs!

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

UnknownResident wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
008 wrote:The youth vote may in fact be the “sleeper” component of this election.

I've heard this for many elections now - yet to see it. Also - I find it hilarious that the assumption is always that the youth don't vote Conservative. Not all youth are as indocrinated into the "spend spend spend" mantra of the left as you may think.

Well I think a large percentage of the youth would not vote Conservative. Probably somewhere around say 65% wouldn't vote for them... Oh wait, isn't that the national average? LOL. In talking with friends I'd say quite a few, if they were to vote, would vote Conservative.

Then you have pretty smart friends! :)

I think you meant they wouldn't vote Conservative, otherwise you just contradicted yourself. In any event, how you vote is directly related to what is important to you. If you think that increased social spending is important, despite the damage it does to the economy and how it handcuffs your entire future, then you'll go ahead and vote for those people promising the moon. I had many "discussions" with kids when I was in school, and even though you tried to point out the obvious to them, it mattered little, the ramifications of spending more money then you have seemed always to be lost on some people, who seemed to think that as long as "those evil corporations paid their fair share" that everything would balance out. Real life just doesn't work that way, but reality isn't important to some people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

UnknownResident wrote:
008 wrote:The youth vote may in fact be the “sleeper” component of this election.

I've heard this for many elections now - yet to see it. Also - I find it hilarious that the assumption is always that the youth don't vote Conservative. Not all youth are as indocrinated into the "spend spend spend" mantra of the left as you may think.

Well I think a large percentage of the youth would not vote Conservative. Probably somewhere around say 65% wouldn't vote for them... Oh wait, isn't that the national average? LOL. In talking with friends I'd say quite a few, if they were to vote, would vote Conservative.

Then you have pretty smart friends! :)

I think you meant they wouldn't vote Conservative, otherwise you just contradicted yourself. In any event, how you vote is directly related to what is important to you. If you think that increased social spending is important, despite the damage it does to the economy and how it handcuffs your entire future, then you'll go ahead and vote for those people promising the moon. I had many "discussions" with kids when I was in school, and even though you tried to point out the obvious to them, it mattered little, the ramifications of spending more money then you have seemed always to be lost on some people, who seemed to think that as long as "those evil corporations paid their fair share" that everything would balance out. Real life just doesn't work that way, but reality isn't important to some people.

No I meant quite a few would vote Conservative. Somewhere between 30%-40% which seems to be the average among all age groups. I think the main difference is, the one's that will vote, aren't going to vote Conservative. But let's face it, not many of them are going to vote. Most people my age I talk to about it say "Why bother? They're all the same, liars and cheaters"(which is pretty accurate) or "It won't make a difference anyway" (which in this riding (Kelowna-Lake Country) is very accurate).

Return to “Federal Election 2011”