Voting

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.

Did/Will you vote today?

Yes
80%
No
11%
Voted at the Advance Polls
6%
Not Going To Say
3%

Total votes: 35

Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Voting

Post by Corneliousrooster »

The Green Barbarian wrote: thankfully we have enough people capable of critical and rational thought living in the Central Okanagan

Yet - unfortunately none of these people ever run municipally ....... eh Barbi? Somehow only those wacky lefties and eco nuts get in at that level.....???? :dyinglaughing:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: thankfully we have enough people capable of critical and rational thought living in the Central Okanagan

Yet - unfortunately none of these people ever run municipally ....... eh Barbi? Somehow only those wacky lefties and eco nuts get in at that level.....???? :dyinglaughing:

you lost me here Corny - what people? Huh? And what is with the laughing? Did you say something funny? Forget it - don't bother trying to explain this nuttiness.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

The Green Barbarian wrote:you lost me here Corny
Its not hard

The Green Barbarian wrote:what people? Huh?
um -
The Green Barbarian wrote:thankfully we have enough people capable of critical and rational thought living in the Central Okanagan ridings.

the joke (thus the
The Green Barbarian wrote: And what is with the laughing?
) is that you state there are so many capable of critical thinking and rational thought - yet take a look at the biggest center in the area you just described. Would you use the same description to describe our representatives in municipal politics?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Corneliousrooster wrote:the joke (thus the
) is that you state there are so many capable of critical thinking and rational thought - yet take a look at the biggest center in the area you just described. Would you use the same description to describe our representatives in municipal politics?

are you saying that our municipal politicians are lefty fools like Taliban Jack? Hmmm....you learn something new every day. Thanks for the heads up.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Corneliousrooster wrote:the joke (thus the

are you saying that our municipal politicians are lefty fools like Taliban Jack? Hmmm....you learn something new every day. Thanks for the heads up.

all I am saying is that our municipal politicians that are made up of the same great pool of those capable of critical thinking and rational thought that you just stated makes the central okanagan so stable that you really don't even need to vote (it is so safe). i just never hear the glowing recommendations towards our civic leaders as you are giving the Conservatives - shouldn't they be one and the same (or at least very similar since they are extracting out of the same pool?)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Corneliousrooster wrote:all I am saying is that our municipal politicians that are made up of the same great pool of those capable of critical thinking and rational thought that you just stated makes the central okanagan so stable that you really don't even need to vote (it is so safe). i just never hear the glowing recommendations towards our civic leaders as you are giving the Conservatives - shouldn't they be one and the same (or at least very similar since they are extracting out of the same pool?)

you've managed to lose me again Corny. What are you saying - are the civic leaders left-wing fools or are they capable of critical and rational thought? It's a pretty straight-forward question.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Corneliousrooster wrote:all I am saying is that our municipal politicians that are made up of the same great pool of those capable of critical thinking and rational thought that you just stated makes the central okanagan so stable that you really don't even need to vote (it is so safe). i just never hear the glowing recommendations towards our civic leaders as you are giving the Conservatives - shouldn't they be one and the same (or at least very similar since they are extracting out of the same pool?)

you've managed to lose me again Corny. What are you saying - are the civic leaders left-wing fools or are they capable of critical and rational thought? It's a pretty straight-forward question.

i am not the one that stated the central okanagan is filled with critical rational thinkers - it was you. Just illustrating the flaws in your generalization based on public opinion of our municipal electorate (ever read the local papers? Opinion? letters to the editor? - all the evidence you need to support or contradict your statement is right there)

i do not and never did agree with your statement so my opinion of where the municipal members fit in your generalization would be a contradiction of itself.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Corneliousrooster wrote:i do not and never did agree with your statement so my opinion of where the municipal members fit in your generalization would be a contradiction of itself.

I still have no idea what you are babbling about so here's my take - LUCKILY we have enough rational thinking people living in the Okanagan that the Conservative candidates win handily. I have no idea what happens with the municipal situation, but I think? you are intimating that the municipal council here is left-wing, and if so, I agree that this is a conundrum - why would people vote for the right guy federally but vote for fools municipally? We should look into this - it makes no sense.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Corneliousrooster wrote:i do not and never did agree with your statement so my opinion of where the municipal members fit in your generalization would be a contradiction of itself.

I still have no idea what you are babbling about so here's my take - LUCKILY we have enough rational thinking people living in the Okanagan that the Conservative candidates win handily. I have no idea what happens with the municipal situation, but I think? you are intimating that the municipal council here is left-wing, and if so, I agree that this is a conundrum - why would people vote for the right guy federally but vote for fools municipally? We should look into this - it makes no sense.

It makes no sense because there are far less critical and rational thinkers than you are giving the central okanagan credit for. we do have a large population of sheep though that only require an accusation of a handjob 15 years ago to help them make their choice - such wisdom with a finger on the pulse of canada and whats best for it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

OP I'd say things are going sideways on your thread.

Yes I voted
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'd agree with you hockeyfan . . . :137:

I voted first thing, walked in and walked out, no fuss. Maybe 3 minutes. There was a mixture of ages, but not so much of the newer voters when I was there.
I haven't failed until I quit.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

Lady tehMa wrote:I'd agree with you hockeyfan . . . :137:

I voted first thing, walked in and walked out, no fuss. Maybe 3 minutes. There was a mixture of ages, but not so much of the newer voters when I was there.

We were all still in bed. :127: I will be there later on today...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Corneliousrooster wrote:
It makes no sense because there are far less critical and rational thinkers than you are giving the central okanagan credit for. .

And yet the fact that they continually vote en mass for the Conservatives directly contradicts this statement. See - we are just stuck in a logic loop here that we'll never escape from I am afraid.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Corneliusrooster and Green Barbarian, keep it on topic, please.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jo wrote:Corneliusrooster and Green Barbarian, keep it on topic, please.

sorry Jo!

Corny - inbox me dude! You are an interesting fellow, despite our disagreements. :sunshine:

Return to “Federal Election 2011”