The Results .......

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Re: The Results .......

Post by Ironhorse1 »

strwbrrydvl wrote:Happy Iggy & the Liberals have been shot down.

Happy Duceppe & the Bloc have been erased.

SOOOO happy for the NDP as the opposition!!! :cheerleader:

So upset about the Conservative majority.

I feel that no matter who's in power there SHOULD NEVER be a majority. Yes, with a minority it is harder to get things done but when there is balance in Ottawa then ALL Canadians have their voice heard. A Con majority - oh boy..

So you like a lot of wasted money going to having elections every 2-3 years then I guess.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Queen K wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Duceppe is about to speak - Chan 5 cable

What the hell can he say

"To the immigrant voters, we are sorry for having a Nazi like French language only law in Quebec where a mere poster with "Beer" on it evoked the wrath of the Language Police."

For starters.

:dyinglaughing:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Tacklewasher wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:May has won her seat and a seat at the next debate.

Im not drunk enough to listen to her speech. Time to watch futurama

As much as I cannot stand her and her opportunistic political tactics, I have to congratulate May on winning the first seat in Parliament for the Greens. It will now remain to be seen how she performs there, and whether she accomplishes anything worthwhile or not.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ironhorse1 wrote:What an awesome thing; the demise of a party that was hell bent on nothing but breaking up our country. Canada just got that much stronger.

My day was made for sure. And it's about time. And Quebec and separation needs to be a thing of the past. Stop wasting media time and effort on discussing a dead issue.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

HOORAY for Elizabeth May for winning her seat against the Cons, Gary Lunn!
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Post by Ironhorse1 »

NAB wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:May has won her seat and a seat at the next debate.

Im not drunk enough to listen to her speech. Time to watch futurama

As much as I cannot stand her and her opportunistic political tactics, I have to congratulate May on winning the first seat in Parliament for the Greens. It will now remain to be seen how she performs there, and whether she accomplishes anything worthwhile or not.

Nab

I agree, I'm interested to see how vocal she is in the house with that sea of blue and orange.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

wow, what a night

who would have thunk it...

conservative majority....maybe not too big a surprise

but

the ndp the OFFICIAL opposition... WOW

thats unbelievable

he took Quebec and did it big
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

grammafreddy wrote:
grumpydigger wrote:Harper had total disdain for parliament and the people of Canada when he had a minority government.

And the people are stupid enough to reelect him with the majority.

I got the same cold shiver down my back when the American people were stupid enough to reelect Bush...

Funny, I got that feeling when they elected Obama ... and I still get it every time he opens his mouth and gives away more of their country and sinks them further in debt.

Comparing the intelligence of Obama to a mental cripple like George Bush who was the cause of the US's financial failures and took the US into a war in Iraq under false pretenses is laughable.

I don't know whether Canada can survive four years of this right wing religious nut job... he wouldn't listen to no one before and now he can call himself King.not of the Canadian government , but of the Harper government :eyeballspin: you wanted it, now you are going to have to live with it.
Last edited by grumpydigger on May 2nd, 2011, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

subversionist wrote:I wonder if the results speak to an increasingly divided country between two extremes-hard left and hard right? Or perhaps the Liberals, the more centralist party simply weren't a viable option.

The Liberal betrayal of too many Easterners has not been forgotten, therefore not forgiven. Give it a generation or two.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Iggy now officially done
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Queen K wrote:
Ironhorse1 wrote:What an awesome thing; the demise of a party that was hell bent on nothing but breaking up our country. Canada just got that much stronger.

My day was made for sure. And it's about time. And Quebec and separation needs to be a thing of the past. Stop wasting media time and effort on discussing a dead issue.

You are BOTH dreaming. Their fight has just begun - again. It's gonna get nasty.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Ignatieff has now OFFICIALLY lost his riding to the Conservative candidate. He is about to speak...

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Ironhorse1 wrote:So you like a lot of wasted money going to having elections every 2-3 years then I guess.

Minorities have historically fared our country well, the most recent ones no. A balance is vital IMO. All the politicians needs to put on their adult pants and put up for the four years.. Cooperation is what a minority should be.
This Conservative majority, all I can say is oh boy..
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

grammafreddy wrote:
Queen K wrote:

You are BOTH dreaming. Their fight has just begun - again. It's gonna get nasty.

That test is coming soon with who wins their provincial election.

Nab
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

WeatherWoman wrote:HOORAY for Elizabeth May for winning her seat against the Cons, Gary Lunn!

I believe her exclusion from legitimate debate, even though the Greens ran legitimate candidates in every riding, rankled the Canadian conscious just too much. I have a FB buddy in Saanich and they he and his friends were planning how to swing it her way a long time ago.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”