The Results .......

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: The Results .......

Post by grammafreddy »

NAB wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:
Queen K wrote:
Ironhorse1 wrote:What an awesome thing; the demise of a party that was hell bent on nothing but breaking up our country. Canada just got that much stronger.

My day was made for sure. And it's about time. And Quebec and separation needs to be a thing of the past. Stop wasting media time and effort on discussing a dead issue.

You are BOTH dreaming. Their fight has just begun - again. It's gonna get nasty.

That test is coming soon with who wins their provincial election.

Nab

Exactly.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Tacklewasher wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:May has won her seat and a seat at the next debate.

Im not drunk enough to listen to her speech. Time to watch futurama

Great - four years of listening to Screeching Owl in Parliament trying to scare-monger and perpetuate the man-made climate change myth and blab on about proportional representation. Awesome! Hick! Turns out I was drunk enoigh to listen to her speech...sigh
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
subversionist

Post by subversionist »

grammafreddy wrote:
Queen K wrote:
Ironhorse1 wrote:What an awesome thing; the demise of a party that was hell bent on nothing but breaking up our country. Canada just got that much stronger.

My day was made for sure. And it's about time. And Quebec and separation needs to be a thing of the past. Stop wasting media time and effort on discussing a dead issue.

You are BOTH dreaming. Their fight has just begun - again. It's gonna get nasty.

I agree. A conservative majority is bound to push Quebec further away.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Layton is about to speak now ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What's he saying? "I'm s ... ing my pants"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Queen K wrote:What's he saying? "I'm s ... ing my pants"?

"i've got wood"
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

One of the issues Jack is going to face is that of those 60 seats give or take he has taken in Quebec, only 2 or 3 have been taken by experienced politicians. The rest for the most part are unknown rookies, at least one that girl who lives and works in an Ottawa pub and didn't even campaign (she was on vacation in Hawaii). That riding incidentally is not even anywhere near Ottawa, but rather up the north shore of the St. Lawrence between Montreal and Quebec City. 55 or so of similar candidates is not really a big plus in terms of parliamentary talent, but they are votes that Jack commands on any legislative issues.

But they cannot outvote the Conservatives on anything, so it will largely be a PR exercise no matter what the issue.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

She was in Vegas, but otherwise spot on. A lot of them have no clue.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Great. Four more years of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Say goodbye to Net Neutrality, say hello to some of the most draconian DCMA-type copyright laws in any “free world” country. Throw in bandwidth caps and the ability for Big Brother to track and record our internet communications without a warrant, and we’re right up there with China, Iran and Best Korea.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Isn't this the guy that was going to get rid of the long gun registry?
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Layton has always come across as very comfortable in the position of third, as long as he doesn't have to do too much. He could work hard at bringing up issues and exclamations on issues but not take any responsibility at too much given his much diminished role in Parliament. And now that has all changed. I think we are going to see him sweat.

Rek, what is "best Korea"? North Korea? Why signal them out when the USA does all that all the time?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

rekabis wrote:Great. Four more years of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Say goodbye to Net Neutrality, say hello to some of the most draconian DCMA-type copyright laws in any “free world” country. Throw in bandwidth caps and the ability for Big Brother to track and record our internet communications without a warrant, and we’re right up there with China, Iran and Best Korea.

Thank you, Rekabis.
I think its going to be way more than that.
Truly a sad day for canada.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Queen K wrote:Layton has always come across as very comfortable in the position of third, as long as he doesn't have to do too much. He could work hard at bringing up issues and exclamations on issues but not take any responsibility at too much given his much diminished role in Parliament. And now that has all changed. I think we are going to see him sweat.

Rek, what is "best Korea"? North Korea? Why signal them out when the USA does all that all the time?

Not sure layton is sweating. He may have less power now that the cons have a majority. He could have gotten more being the swing vote with a minority. This may be a break for him.

Rek. I didn't see any Pirate party elected. How many actually managed to run?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

rekabis wrote:Great. Four more years of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Rek, I will say this one time and one time only. Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada. Disagree with his governments policies if you wish. But you will damned well respect the Office of Prime Minister and the person who occupies it until the majority of Canadians choose someone else to fill the job!

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I am hoping this is now the end of petty politics and childish politicians. The coalition was a damned hindrance and now Canada can become much more effective - at home and elsewhere.

I am also hoping all the parties can work together instead of what we've had - gang warfare.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”