Hospital food

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: hospital food

Post by WeatherWoman »

The food they service doesn't even provide enough calories for a womans body to make milk. My doctor recommend that my family bring food in after my children were born.

Try being a vegetarian in the hospital. Sometimes I would not even beable to eat my dinner as I would be served meat dishes and they refuse to correct it.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Didn't much matter what they served I couldn't eat it. If Mrs suds hadn't brought me food I would have died of malnutrition. As it was I lost 55 lbs while I was there.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Bsuds wrote:Didn't much matter what they served I couldn't eat it. If Mrs suds hadn't brought me food I would have died of malnutrition. As it was I lost 55 lbs while I was there.

Same here, even as a kid in hosp, I couldnt eat their food. Most kids will eat anything. I wasnt fussy like that at home. I remember seeing pumpkin pie on my tray trying it and calling it Poop pie. Took me years before I would eat it again after that.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Bsuds wrote:
Libelle wrote:Breakfast at KGH was the BEST. You got to choose what you wanted form a list which had a great selection, and you got to order as much as you wanted. If you wanted two fruite cups and two muffins you got them, and more if you wanted. Lunch and dinner where a crap shoot. Lunch and dinner were not bad, but it was not good either.

I agree, breakfast was the best but on the 7 weeks I was in the Hospital I was never given a choice as to what I would like to eat.

Gross food!

This was in Dec. 2008 when I had my daughter, and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. I kept the menu lists, and I could choose whever I wanted. I always ordered those individual cheese blocks they sell them in the cafertiera for .75 cents (at that time). Maybe they changed the rules or that was just in the maternity ward. I wish they had skim or even 1% milk, as 2% tastes like cream to me. My hubby brought me in milk as I can not go a day without it. When I was pregnant I drank about 2 liters a day of skim milk. Lub it.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Must be a maternity ward thing cause I spent time in several different wards during my stay and was never given a choice. Not that it mattered as it was all bad.
moonstruck

Post by moonstruck »

They feed carbohydrates to diabetics. Hospital food is obviously quality gold. :dyinglaughing:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

moonstruck wrote:They feed carbohydrates to diabetics. Hospital food is obviously quality gold. :dyinglaughing:

Quality Gold Manure!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Geez, 55 lbs. Thats a huge loss, Suds.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

babbitman wrote:Geez, 55 lbs. Thats a huge loss, Suds.

They never did find his head :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Roadster wrote:

Thats a big head.
I think all he wanted was a little one.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

babbitman wrote:
Roadster wrote:

Thats a big head.

Maybe should ask Mrs Sudsy???

*sorry*
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

grammafreddy wrote:
babbitman wrote:
Roadster wrote:

Thats a big head.

Maybe should ask Mrs Sudsy???

*sorry*

Good luck with that! :137:
MyWorld
Board Meister

Re: Hospital food

Post by MyWorld »

They have to prepare food for all different people and their needs. So the food is not likely going to appeal to most people, but its not meant to be a luxury stay.
I found the breakfasts and lunches doable (as long as you had some salt and pepper). Dinners I found the most replusive and told them to cancel the dinner trays for me. My hubby brought food in for me instead and my hospital food try wasn't wasted.
Garracudda

Post by Garracudda »

Anything sealed or unused is put into the garbage. I know for a fact because I work in food services with Interior Health.
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

One month stay in hospital in Calgary. Kept telling the nurses how the medication in my IV was making me sick, as well as the smell of the food. This was throwing up all day every day for a month. Nope they disagreed & gave me a pregnancy test, test came back negative. Told them in order for me to be pregnant it would have to of been immaculate conception. :dyinglaughing:

Went into hospital weighing around 138 lbs, left weighing 98 lbs, :127: needed a safety pin to keep my jean shorts from falling off. Imagine to everyone's surprise, once I was off the medication I stopped getting sick.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow

Return to “Health”