What a surprise, the CONS lied to us

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: What a surprise, the CONS lied to us

Post by oneh2obabe »

And this surprises you why?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

What have I been telling....... politicians will give a line of BS and suckers buy into hook, line and sinker.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

B-b-b-but they're the only ones who can keep the economy out of the Image and balance a budget?!

Geez, people are so gullible!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

And the outcome might have been better if we'd voted what party in precisely?

I'm not regretting my vote.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

Well it really should come as no surprise, afterall they are politicians! I would expect the same from every party. Not to write this off, because it is important, they're whole campaign was built around fiscal responsibility and balancing the budget. Remarkable that more people who voted Conservative aren't in an outrage over this.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

Tell what ever lie you need to get elected.....then do as you BLOODY well please..Its like a teenage boy trying to get in to his dates pants :dyinglaughing: you use what ever lie works.....S.O.P.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I've read through the article twice, and cannot spot the lie. Can someone please inform me?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

There were no lies Glacier. It's just that some people do not read or understand past headlines or bylines, and perhaps, at a stretch, the first paragraph.

Edit to add. It really is time the poor losers got over it. We have a Conservative majority, their arguments that the opposition in coalition is more representative of the majority of Canadians are better represented by a coalition of opposition parties is dead, the Liberals and the Bloc are effectively gone, and we can look forward to 4 years of relative electoral peace at the federal level.
:sunshine:

Oh, and by the way, once the postal service union is shot down for their ridiculous claims and demands, even greater peace will prevail ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

"The revised 2011 budget that the government will present next month will not show a surplus by 2014-15 as promised in black and white in the Conservative campaign platform"
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

Yes....

And even before the election they stated they didn't have all the data in that they needed, but it was their best estimate that it would be by 2014 that we'd balance or have surplus.

They got more data, they have more complete calculations, hence can now give a more complete answer.

It's not like they are saying "We just made a bunch of *bleep* up, fooled you all, acutally we'll be running a debt until 2030."
Now that would be lying!
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

NAB wrote:There were no lies Glacier. It's just that some people do not read or understand past headlines or bylines, and perhaps, at a stretch, the first paragraph.

Edit to add. It really is time the poor losers got over it. We have a Conservative majority, their arguments that the opposition in coalition is more representative of the majority of Canadians are better represented by a coalition of opposition parties is dead, the Liberals and the Bloc are effectively gone, and we can look forward to 4 years of relative electoral peace at the federal level.
:sunshine:

Oh, and by the way, once the postal service union is shot down for their ridiculous claims and demands, even greater peace will prevail ;-)

Nab

This is what they ran on. Did they tell their supporters or anyone thinking about voting for them to read the fine print? NO!

You can spin this all you like, it's quite clear for anyone with half a brain to see this for what it is.

FROM THE CONSERVATIVE WEB SITE.

Today, Prime Minister Stephen Harper unveiled his “Here for Canada” Conservative policy platform. The platform provides Canadians with a prudent low-tax plan to protect and create jobs by completing our recovery from the global economic recession. “Here for Canada” commits to eliminating the deficit by the 2014-2015 fiscal year without cutting transfer payments to individuals or to the provinces. And it contains concrete measures to secure Canada’s borders and keep our streets and neighbourhoods safe.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL heymac. And during the campaign it went into some additional detail as to how that could be accomplished, and the answers remain consistent to this day even after the election is done. NO lies, no backtracking, but as it was and still is the detailed action plan (which is really all that was committed to undertake if re-elected) has to be completed. Nice try though. I guess you weren't paying full attention. :dyinglaughing:

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Amarow121 wrote:And the outcome might have been better if we'd voted what party in precisely?

That aspect of the equation never enters the whiners minds as they simply need something to complain about.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Amarow121 wrote:And the outcome might have been better if we'd voted what party in precisely?

That aspect of the equation never enters the whiners minds as they simply need something to complain about.

UnknownResident wrote:Well it really should come as no surprise, afterall they are politicians! I would expect the same from every party. Not to write this off, because it is important, they're whole campaign was built around fiscal responsibility and balancing the budget. Remarkable that more people who voted Conservative aren't in an outrage over this.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”