Kelowna mud bogging and outdoor 4x4ing annual events

emg
Fledgling

Re: Kelowna mud bogging and outdoor 4x4ing annual events

Post by emg »

RichardWede wrote: The "young pup" you may be talking about is Tanner Beck, who is taking his practicum with Ed Seitz. Tanner will be learning from one of the best, for sure. Ed's a top notch guy and CO.

Beck eh? CO service a family business. Good for Tanner.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

any one who has really been back in the back country hunting .fishing or working in BC knows there is 100s of thousands of miles of wilderness out there......What the people in kelowna want is their piece of paradise with in a half hour drive of their house...........I worked in the road building and logging industry for years and the destruction that was done by the government was incredible ......Ive done more damage with a d8 dozer in a day then these 4x4s could could do in a life time...............all approved because the government was making money from it......
NotLikeYou
Board Meister

Post by NotLikeYou »

RichardWede wrote:
emg wrote:
NotLikeYou wrote: I also talked to seits and the "young pup" At the You catch fishing derby. He looked a lot younger then seits and hoyer did as i see them hunting and fishing lots. He had said he was learning some things here for 3 months and then headed off to another area. Maybe it was a different CO,
But im really proud of you that you know every CO for our area and everything there is to know about them,
LOL

That would have been Greg Krugar. He has transferred.

It is actually Seitz, not Seits. Just for the future if you are looking for contact.

No, Greg Kruger transferred to Invermere well before NLY would have spoken to him at this spring's family fishing event kickoff. The "young pup" you may be talking about is Tanner Beck, who is taking his practicum with Ed Seitz. Tanner will be learning from one of the best, for sure. Ed's a top notch guy and CO.

Yes, I do know every CO in Vernon, Kelowna, and Penticton, because I get involved in organizations that work with the COs on conservation initiatives. One of those initiatives will be helping to monitor where boggers gather to wreck riparian areas this weekend.

So when people start comming out of the woods with broken noses and arms becuase rednecks got wind of private sector people comming in to help out and "nark" on people you should see a quick end to it.
Or atleast thats what a bunch of people discussing this matter last night brought up lol, I can see it happening to!

So this weekend you are going to be driving around in the woods narking on people? with your little binocs!! lol I have the funniest picture imagined in my mind at the moment :dyinglaughing:

Question for you: Do you drink when in the woods? and have you driven on a trail that wasnt created by a blade IE. Quad trail 4x4 trail dirt bike path? and or game trail?
NotLikeYou
Board Meister

Post by NotLikeYou »

grumpydigger wrote:any one who has really been back in the back country hunting .fishing or working in BC knows there is 100s of thousands of miles of wilderness out there......What the people in kelowna want is their piece of paradise with in a half hour drive of their house...........I worked in the road building and logging industry for years and the destruction that was done by the government was incredible ......Ive done more damage with a d8 dozer in a day then these 4x4s could could do in a life time...............all approved because the government was making money from it......

YOUR MY HERO. WELL SAID.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

NotLikeYou wrote:
So when people start comming out of the woods with broken noses and arms becuase rednecks got wind of private sector people comming in to help out and "nark" on people you should see a quick end to it.
Or atleast thats what a bunch of people discussing this matter last night brought up lol, I can see it happening to!

So this weekend you are going to be driving around in the woods narking on people? with your little binocs!! lol I have the funniest picture imagined in my mind at the moment :dyinglaughing:

Question for you: Do you drink when in the woods? and have you driven on a trail that wasnt created by a blade IE. Quad trail 4x4 trail dirt bike path? and or game trail?

If people involved in your offroading group decide that uttering threats, and physical violence will enhance their image, they better think about it. You won't get public support for your group by breaking noses of people in law enforcement roles. The stereotype that Mark Turton was trying to disspell just got reinstated in a big way.

Your use of the term "nark" indicates that you know what you're doing is illegal, as much as you say otherwise.

You've just set back your cause to square one with that post.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

NotLikeYou wrote: is 1 mud whole to much to ask for?

Here's 100+ acres relatively close in for you to utilize for your "sport".
Why not go buy it and play in your own mud, climb your own hill or just generally rip around on your own land ?
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... 1844899828

There's lots of land for sale that you could call your very own to use, or abuse, at your discretion.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

NotLikeYou wrote:
Poindexter wrote:When some people come across a buck with a full rack they sit quitely in awe of the beuaty and strength of nature while others want put a bullet in it's head.

Mud bogging is much the same, one person sees wilderness and natures majesty perfect for a hike with a camera, others see just another shrub ready to be crushed.

Which do you think is more sustainable for the wilderness and will leave somewhere for our grandkids?

How about you go an hug some more tree's and teach your grandkids what plants to eat becuase we dont wanna shoot poor wittle bambi..

Your comparison is terrible and doesn't even belong in here, Hunting is NOTHING like what you just described it to be, alot of us hunters like to kill to feed our families. Becuase unlike yourself, WE understand that meat doesnt just come from a cooler in a store.
IF you eat meat, You might as well be a hunter yourself. Becuase your helping kill animals as well. If back in the day someone desided to farm deer instead of cows, You would think cows a beautiful majestic creatures in the woods.

Did you ever even think about how much GOOD hunters do with managin wildlife. See our recent coyotee issue. you know what thats from? Warmer winters and not enough people kiling them.

People have been bogging for MANY MANY MANY YEARS. I have photos of mud bogging events from my father back out in the prairies in 1960's trucks when they were brand new in the mud. even some 1950's vehicles you would see in the bogs.

This isnt a new sport. and its not going to go away, Its population has increased SO much over the last few years with the NEWER sport rock crawling etc etc etc.

SO if people have been 4x4ing for years, and nothing really ever changed or had a huge serious impact, Why do you think its going to change all of a sudden?

The popularity of alot of distructive habits are increasing but does that make it OK? The comparison fits because neither is sustainable if the popularity increases. I know a few bad apples don't justify blaming everyone but the more apples in the barrel the more that will be bad.

I do alot of hiking and camping locally and what amazes me is we have more deer in residential Kelowna than in Okanagan Mountain park. You can keep killing and say it's because you have nothing else to eat, but we both know it's a load. It may be healthier meat but it doesn't explain why the majority of hunters look like death warmed over. Does the beer belly help you rest your gun while aiming?

Get out of your trucks and use your legs for once, believe it or not, the wilderness does not have the sound of a motor running.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Well, this actually went a lot further than I expected before going totally sideways.
This is where I back out. Slowly. With my hands up and twitching eyes on everyone in the room...
See ya on the trail!

:sunshine:
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
NotLikeYou
Board Meister

Post by NotLikeYou »

You obviously have no clue what talking about, I dont care if you hike, and how far you have hiked, The largest mule deer around here come outa that park. There is a HUGE abundance of deer in there, especialy after its forrest fire. Infact there was a world record elk shot there last year,

If your not a hunter then why would anyone want to even listen to your claim about the deer population.

Riddle me this, If the deer population is like what you make it out to be, Then why has the government for the last two years opened up white tail doe? (aside from the fact they creat issue for mule deer) Anything to do with population maybe???

Anyways this is way off topic, and is about 4x4ing and not hunting.

Back on topic, ITs funny how you all think im a bogger, Well im not, I have a stock f150 I use for hunting, equiped with 31 in geolanders. Fartherst thing from a tsl style tire. I havent bogged in years and never plan to again, But I do support there community and the respect the LONG LONG time it's been around. I on the other hand bought a quad, and ride it down logging roads and pre established trails.

FYI Point dexter, I would be glad to take you on a hike/hunt in the OK park anytime, Be prepaired for 7 hour hike in to set up camp, 6 hour hike to hunting grounds and if we shoot something, it could take 10+ hours to pack back to camp and or out. Hope you got good boots.
Last edited by NotLikeYou on May 18th, 2011, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotLikeYou
Board Meister

Post by NotLikeYou »

cv23 wrote:
NotLikeYou wrote: is 1 mud whole to much to ask for?

Here's 100+ acres relatively close in for you to utilize for your "sport".
Why not go buy it and play in your own mud, climb your own hill or just generally rip around on your own land ?
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... 1844899828

There's lots of land for sale that you could call your very own to use, or abuse, at your discretion.

You do realize the area in question to be pruchased would need to be somewhat flat, and not have tree's all over it.....Your link would cost More money to get it logged/leveld/pitted then it would be to even purchase the land, It shows obviously HOW much you know about the sport in question.

Question: how come people are ok with "destroying the land" if it's owned by someone, or some company. Its kinda sending mixed messages....SO are you guys eco nuts and don't want 4x4ing on ANY environment or are you just what? becuase "destroying land" is "destroying land" if it's owned or not owned it's still "destroying the land" ....I think your guy's ship just sunk.
Last edited by NotLikeYou on May 18th, 2011, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Actually, the sale of the timber would largely offset the purchase and development costs. 100 acres is of sufficient scale to pull it off economically, with a large timber base.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

NotLikeYou wrote:You do realize the area in question to be pruchased would need to be somewhat flat, and not have tree's all over it.....Your link would cost More money to get it logged/leveld/pitted then it would be to even purchase the land, It shows obviously HOW much you know about the sport in question.
So 100+ isn't enough area for you to play in and you've investigated the example I provided so thoroughly that you know there is no flat clear areas in the whole 100+ acres? Your comments show us all just "HOW much you know" about anything/nothing. Of course it will cost money to develop the property but it would be yours in perpetuity or do you want to waste your time and money on developing public or someone else's property only to see it blocked off and you told never to come back? You seem to want everything for nothing and aren't willing to actually make any investment, other than a personal vehicle, in furthering your "sport". Clearly the reason so many people are against your "sport" is that so many participants are like you spoiled lil brats that only are concerned about Me Me Me.
Do you realize just how much your comments have done to harm the credibility of your supposed cause and show us all just how much of self centered little boy you are?

Question: how come people are ok with "destroying the land" if it's owned by someone, or some company. Its kinda sending mixed messages....SO are you guys eco nuts and don't want 4x4ing on ANY environment or are you just what? becuase "destroying land" is "destroying land" if it's owned or not owned it's still "destroying the land" ....I think your guy's ship just sunk.
:dyinglaughing: So you have finally admitted that "destroying land" is what your "sport" is really all about and that you could care less whether it's private or public property because when your "sport" is finished with it that's exactly what it will be "destroyed". No wonder you don't want to actually own the land but would rather destroy some one else's property, preferably the public's

Your comments in this thread are only reinforcing the reality that bogging is nothing but a destructive activity engaged in by a group of individuals who's property they could care less they destroy as long as its not their own.
Mack of Trades

Post by Mack of Trades »

Ok wow if we are on the un-realistic portion of this conversation with all the nay say about breaking noses, assuming one person could or would afford a piece of land like that ,or buying lottery tickets .
Why don’t we just say let’s legalize marijuana so everybody and there Nabors could grow pot , and all of those hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted on busting /investigating / prosecuting them in courts every year backing up the court system of people who commit violent crimes and such would not just be a waste of our tax dollars considering there is no significant impact on the reduction of growing pot , but only an increase in the amount of tax dollars needed to fight these grow ops while 1 gets taken down and 2 more go up ,
Think of the money that could be put to better use towards roads ,hospitals , environmental protection , schools, programs etc. and to better all of the community’s thru-out our great country ,

Now to the realistic part of this conversation is this ….. the growing number of people in the community and surrounding community’s with off road vehicles or people that just enjoy that type of outdoors event be it spectator or person involved in the sport …they are bored ,they have a hobby that they enjoy and people have a hobby of wanting to watch these events ..
And like I said the numbers are GROWING and will continue to grow every day as we get more and more populated. As you can see the damage happening in the bush and surrounding area’s is getting worse. It is on a steady climb up hill (pun intended) it’s not going to go away. The only thing that in my opinion can be done is to offer a place for those people to enjoy such activities,
I don’t have a problem with them making it law to keep most places off bounds to people who want to do nothing but rip up a marshland or drive thru a water shed so on, but without them providing a spot for the people who like the sport of off roading, or for the people who haven’t even tried it yet for the reason of not even being old enough to drive, the damage will continue
With events such as the ones I have tried to put across in this topic previously it would help with keeping people out of the bush and put them in a spot where there can be educated on the sport, heck have announcements at the events when they are held to broadcast to people about keeping out of the bush and to bringing their vehicles into the events. these events cannot just only be fun for the people involved and the spectators but it can be a place to pass knowledge to all the people that go to these events about why staying out of the watersheds and so on is so important …and a place to also remind people of the fines and charges they face if being caught out in those area’s
I know in some community’s people work together to solve issues like these and in reality this is an issue that will not go away, but to have a bit of regulation and a place to do it would be the first positive step towards taking care of our back country.
People whine and complain about people with off road vehicles and the damage they do...but are those people even doing anything except complaing and whineing…..sitting in here just so they can open there mouth …well honestly I see a few but a lot of the rest just wanna voice there opinion with no apparent value to resolve the issues they complain about and find so atrotious
If enough people came together who actually cared about the environmental impact that not all but some off roaders are having to the back country and enough people in the sport of off roading all came together and worked with each other and the government I’m sure there would be steps that could be taken to reducing the damage to the back country, saving the environment and give the people of the sport a place to have such events,
But in most cases the only ones wanting to even help with the situation of the damage is the people who truly love the sport , REMINDER all the B****ing and complain is not going to resolve anything . 4x4ing and off-roading will always continue :) …your complaining will always continue. so while us off roaders are out having the time of our lives ,all you complainers will be sitting there with a scowl on your face :( complaining … what a life to live try being a solution to the problem and work with the people in the sport and your community
I would like to thank the people who have had idea`s good or bad , I would like to thank people who have posted links in here to websites to help get things started even if they are against it ….good day to all :)
come join us on facebook and lets get treadin .....Okanagan area 4x4 and Outdoor Event Organization[/size] ask to join our group .lets find a solution to reducing damage ,re-using the area ,and recycling the idea's:)
emg
Fledgling

Post by emg »

What you may or may not know is many people who are for and against motorized vehicle access in the back country on this forum USE it for helping restore sites that have been damaged. Not all of us sit our patoots on our high computer chair and nag incessently about things that have nothing to do with us. This forum at least allows us to digitally duke it out over issues, but I know I have used Castanet in the past to put on events that ends up mostly being 4x4 volunteer groups that come out and help me lug MUCH garbage out of the backcountry and me being one of the only hikers there. That says a lot for those responsible TREAD LIGHTLY individuals out there. They do care. We just don't give credit where it is due I feel.
NotLikeYou
Board Meister

Post by NotLikeYou »

cv23 wrote:
NotLikeYou wrote:You do realize the area in question to be pruchased would need to be somewhat flat, and not have tree's all over it.....Your link would cost More money to get it logged/leveld/pitted then it would be to even purchase the land, It shows obviously HOW much you know about the sport in question.
So 100+ isn't enough area for you to play in and you've investigated the example I provided so thoroughly that you know there is no flat clear areas in the whole 100+ acres? Your comments show us all just "HOW much you know" about anything/nothing. Of course it will cost money to develop the property but it would be yours in perpetuity or do you want to waste your time and money on developing public or someone else's property only to see it blocked off and you told never to come back? You seem to want everything for nothing and aren't willing to actually make any investment, other than a personal vehicle, in furthering your "sport". Clearly the reason so many people are against your "sport" is that so many participants are like you spoiled lil brats that only are concerned about Me Me Me.
Do you realize just how much your comments have done to harm the credibility of your supposed cause and show us all just how much of self centered little boy you are?

Listen, I can look at those pics, and pick out so many things why NOT to build there, But in your world I guess its just easy for you to wave a wand and make things happen, The amount of time you spent searching for the property shows, and your knowledge of terrain and the requirements needed for an establishment like this also shows, BARLY. Do you even know what offroad parks in other areas bring in? or what populations in the sport would require etc etc But again, I know nothing right?? lol
Can I ask how you can assume im a spoiled little boy? thats an amazing talent!

:dyinglaughing: So you have finally admitted that "destroying land" is what your "sport" is really all about and that you could care less whether it's private or public property because when your "sport" is finished with it that's exactly what it will be "destroyed". No wonder you don't want to actually own the land but would rather destroy some one else's property, preferably the public's

I thought " " are quotations, As in me quoting someone else, I sure hells dont support that statement, Do I have to hold your hand through everything?
You obviously took that statement wrong, I was asking why some people feel its ok to bogg on private property and not on public, Since in your opinions it destroys the land basicly, Are you just against the sport or are you here argueing for the environment???,

Your comments in this thread are only reinforcing the reality that bogging is nothing but a destructive activity engaged in by a group of individuals who's property they could care less they destroy as long as its not their own.

If you would like to paint them that way then sure, Go with your assumptions! they seem great! anyways I to am done with this clown and topic.

Return to “Central Okanagan”