A slap in the face to Canadians?

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: A slap in the face to Canadians?

Post by Logitack »

makes mental note.....

oh hell....copies and paste nab quote.... :dyinglaughing:
NAB wrote: Things will change now.

nab

hang on to your hat, nab, harper is about to show you just how "dictatorial" his form of "change" will be now that he has a majority....you aint seen nothing yet.... :127:
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Logitack wrote:makes mental note.....

oh hell....copies and paste nab quote.... :dyinglaughing:
NAB wrote: Things will change now.

nab

hang on to your hat, nab, harper is about to show you just how "dictatorial" his form of "change" will be now that he has a majority....you aint seen nothing yet.... :127:

That would indeed be my hope Logi, that finally things long overdue in a minority government scenario will get done./ If you want to call it dictatorial, so be it. But that goes with the turf when you gave a majority. And majority governments are representative of the majority electorate will in our system, so I find it hard to accept that a government proceeding on that basis is dictatorial. They are simply doing what they were elected to do.

nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

NAB wrote:I see you are not a member of Riposte and Parry, and can understand why. So it is no wonder you see it as useless. It requires that members follow some basic rules, and display some capacity for serious discussion and basic common sense.

I've never asked to be part of it, I don't think I will either. But go ahead and use your escape outlet all you like Nab. Taking cheap shots and then fleeing is childish, although slightly amusing for me. If you must go post somewhere you won't be challenged feel free, I'll take it as a small victory. You're idea of 'following basic rules' leads me to believe that something I have said has insulted you, when all I have done is provided a voice of opinion that differs from your own. If there is a 'basic rule' that says "all must agree with Nab" then I will gladly not follow it.

It's no wonder really, the blind follower of Harper expects others to blindly believe what he says. Sorry I am capable of rational & intelligent thought. :127:
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

So I couldn't resist coming back to ask if AL or Nab are going to quote a CBC employee again, given that good old Rex Murphy just castrated Steven Harper for his senate "appointments" of people who lost their elections.

Can we start a "What a start for the Cons" thread now? I think this slightly overshadows the NDP questioning the validity of some pictures and a secret security operation carried out my the Pentagon...because generally the Pentagon is *so upfront* with the public when they invade another countries airspace illegally with stealth helicopters that are not suppose to exist.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthan ... 10519.html

Nab even had the audacity to suggest in another thread that CBC employees were now "being more respectful" out of fear of loosing their jobs when reporting on Conservative issues - the threat of defunding the CBC if they dont report favorably on Conservative issues.

Is that what you wish for this country? The press to be silenced and defunded in order to silence descent of the ruling government? People loosing their jobs if they don't report SUNSHINE only? You do realize that "the press" and asking questions is what REALLY makes a democracy? You want your news to be muddled and censored by people afraid to loose their job? That is something for you to SMILE over, and something you WISH for? Should Rex Murphy be afraid of loosing his job now Nab? I mean you quoted and LOVED what he had to say before about the Harper majority - is it time to start bashing the CBC again?

I feel sorry for you.

Anyways. I have found more productive things to do with my time that further my causes - wish me luck - but its always a pleasure reading the forums. Bago's watching!
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL. Actually I agree with Rex Murphy on most of his effort, although not in the sense that I see anything particularly upsetting about Harper making those appointments. It's not the first time a PM has made controversial appointments and probably won't be the last. It is a good discussion stimulator relating to one of the next most important issues to be dealt with by Parliament (the Senate Reform issue). It's going to be very difficult and complicated, and I am quite sure Rex will have a whole lot more to say about it in the weeks and months ahead long after this forum is closed down and sent to the Castanet archives. In the meantime this forum had to do with the election, and that is now over, ....and even though a few folk are obviously not overly happy with the result, I am not ashamed to say that I am VERY happy with it overall.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

UnknownResident wrote:If there is a 'basic rule' that says "all must agree with Nab" then I will gladly not follow it.

I'll second that! :134:

These Senate appointments are a joke. Abolish the Senate!!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

daria wrote:Abolish the Senate!!

Ain't gonna happen! :sillygrin:

Nab
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I actually don't understand why so many people are against these particular appointments. Defeated MP's have been appointed in the past and how about all those current senators who have never run for anything in their lives? I'm not in favour of the way the senate is constructed. I think it should be an elected senate or it should be abolished but the latter is not likely to happen. But until reform occurs we play by the rules that are set down. I don't see why appointing someone like Tommy Banks (a great musician!) is somehow much better than appointing someone who didn't win an election to Parliament. I realize I'm in the minority but I think Harper has every right to play by the present rules until those rules are changed.

Edit to add: I love listening to Jack Layton talking about the Conservatives and their sense of entitlement! That is rich coming from a guy who knows how to milk the taxpayers and his union buddies (going against the spirit of what he professes to believe). Irony - one of the most entertaining things about politics.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

NAB wrote:
daria wrote:Abolish the Senate!!

Ain't gonna happen! :sillygrin:

NAB wrote:I see you are not a member of Riposte and Parry, and can understand why. So it is no wonder you see it as useless. It requires that members follow some basic rules, and display some capacity for serious discussion and basic common sense.

Error.

Anyway, I agree with daria.
Your bias suits you.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

If harperappointed layton or iggy to the senate, harper haters will always complain, that is how a dumb mind is. :sunshine:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:Edit to add: I love listening to Jack Layton talking about the Conservatives and their sense of entitlement! That is rich coming from a guy who knows how to milk the taxpayers and his union buddies (going against the spirit of what he professes to believe). Irony - one of the most entertaining things about politics.

Jack is banking on most Canadians being unaware of his giant bilking of taxpayers - thankfully the majority of the media is on his side so they don't report most of Jackie's expenses as they know how bad it would make him look. Truly is one of the biggest hypocrites in Canada the way he blows taxpayer cash and then accuses everyone else. Sorry Jackie - you are a true liberal elitist just like James Cameron, David Suzuki, Al Gore etc - "do as I say, not as I do" and you are just as big a scumbag as those clowns.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Federal Election 2011”