Jerry Hlady - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Jerry Hlady - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

This thread is for Jerry Hlady, council candidate.
DGIN

Re: Jerry Hlady - Council Candidate

Post by DGIN »

I have know Jerry since we were 6 years old. I know him to be honest and forthright, intelligent, accountable and responsible, a good listener... Most importantly, he ALWAYS thinks outside the box. His business sense and work ethics will make him a great addition to city council. Walk into his store and you will find all the staff smiling and happy. A testimony to his treatment of employees and people in general.

His work on the Downtown Kelowna Association and other organizations has been outstanding. I expect no less form him on council.

He most certainly has my vote and the vote of my family.

Chemo,

Dave
nellietheelephant
Fledgling

Post by nellietheelephant »

I also know him - but don't see it.
I don't think that he has that special quality that we need (thinking about it, several of the incumbants don't have it either :) ) but thats irrelevant.
Not this time - sorry

Nellie
Hombre
Fledgling

Post by Hombre »

nellietheelephant wrote:I also know him - but don't see it.
I don't think that he has that special quality that we need (thinking about it, several of the incumbants don't have it either :) ) but thats irrelevant.
Not this time - sorry

Nellie

Does anyone know his stance on any issues? His campaign statement isn't very informative.
TeresaH

Post by TeresaH »

The issues are too numerous to include in a general statement. Try attending one of the forums and you will get a good idea of what Jerry is all about. Or better yet, give him a phone call. His number is posted on most of his campaign signs. You won't find anyone more passionate about the CD zone and downtown development in general, the rabbit issue, the Simpson Covenant....you name the issue and I can guarantee you that Jerry will have an opinion on it. If he isn't up to speed, he is the first one to admit it, but will also ask enough questions to gain some insight. There are candidates that are extremely passionate about one issue only whether it be the CD Zone or the Rutland community. What about the rest of the issues. I don't believe you can run a campaign based on only one issue - what happens when it becomes a non-issue? What do you have left?
Jerry is the best man for the job!
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Please list 5 of your top priorities, and how you would deal with each issue if it were completely up to you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Didi7

Post by Didi7 »

I'm sorry that you didn't get elected this time, Jerry. I (and my friends) tried our best to get you there...
I'm sure that if you decide to run again, you'll be successful. Not to worry! Chin up, Optivisor down, back to work.

Heather D :cheerleader:

Return to “Kelowna”