Norm Letnick - BC Liberal

Castanet News
Administrator

Norm Letnick - BC Liberal

Post by Castanet News »

This thread is for the discussion of the candidacy of Norm Letnick - BC Liberal.
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Re: Norm Letnick - BC Liberal

Post by strikes&gutters »

Norm's campaign site can be viewed at:

http://www.normletnick.ca/
clefairy47_

Post by clefairy47_ »

this guy made an automated call to me yesterday at dinner. Not a great way to run a campaign.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

clefairy47_ wrote:this guy made an automated call to me yesterday at dinner. Not a great way to run a campaign.

Yes, I got one too. Didn't win my vote.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
hjmmanages4u

Post by hjmmanages4u »

I haven't gotten a call yet but many of my friends have. They were also not impressed. I guess Gunnar Forsstrom must be desperate to get into politics any way possible. After loosing his bid for City Council on three different occassions he is now actively campaigning for Norm Letnick. Word on the street is he wants to reclaim the position the held under Al Horning only he would now be acting for Norm Letnick should he be elected.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

clefairy47_ wrote:this guy made an automated call to me yesterday at dinner. Not a great way to run a campaign.

It's bad enough that you got a robo call.

But an automated solicitation call at Easter Sunday dinner?

That's just plain bad.

What do you say about that Norm?
Not afraid to say "It".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Homeownertoo wrote:

Yes, I got one too. Didn't win my vote.

Sorry, that was me pretending to Norm. It won't happen again (unless you are thinking of voting NDP).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Mark me, some of my neighbours and friends as those who received one of these calls on MONDAY, and actually appreciated it!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I didn't get a call, and I feel left out.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

Norm Letnick goes above and beyond the 'average candidate', he truly is "Beyond the Norm". As a youth, I have never been so encouraged to voice my opinion, ask questions and make my vote count by any other political figure. Norm is striving to meet everyone's goals but is not missing the important youth element (which many youth often feel that candidates miss).

Education, work, housing, health, and the environment are all aspects of politics that Norm is familiar with. He understands that we need to encourage education in our youth, ensure jobs for everyone, provide affordable housing for those who are unable and create a strong health care system while all at the same time sustaining our fragile environment. More importantly, paying attention and fostering these elements will enforce a strong economy in our riding, region and our province.

His dedication and knowledge WILL keep BC moving forward....

GO NORM!
Atmos
Fledgling

Post by Atmos »

Norm is a steady hand for the times. He is highly adaptable and has a rare mixture of real world business and academic experience.

Norm Letnick is the representative we need in Victoria. He is guided by a vision and governed by a strong sense of morals. He voices his platform honestly and eloquently. When he speaks, it is clear he is unbiased. Even if he doesn't garner your vote, he will earn your respect.

This candidate is vying to walk the BC Liberal line that balances solid economics and social responsibilities. This is no simple task but the BC Liberals are proud to answer to everyone. That's true democracy in action.

"The road to success is always under construction."
issueman
Übergod

Post by issueman »

The real surprise at the Joe Rich All Candidates meeting was the performance of Kelly Hayes.
Only 4 questions were asked in the whole 2 hour evening.
he refused B.C. ambulance service questions.
Then he got into arguments as to how to answer the 4 questions during and after the meeting.
And was quite rude to some of those attending.
Most undignified for a regional director!
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

I thought Norm was the best of the 8 candidates at Joe Rich. He spoke clearly and WITHOUT NOTES, and without personal attacks. Head and shoulders above the competition, and he will do well as our next MLA.

Submitted by a proud and loyal Federal Conservative!
Last edited by strikes&gutters on Apr 27th, 2009, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

strikes&gutters wrote:
Judyfreewomen wrote:
strikes&gutters wrote:Norm's campaign site can be viewed at:

http://www.normletnick.ca/

When is your Party going to come clean, on our Provinces $ 47 Billion dollar debt?
At the Joe Riche Forum, it was stated that the daily interest payment is $ 7.4 Million a Day.
:skyisfalling: That's $ 2.7 Billion per year in interest :purefury: That's not in your Liberal fudget budget. Who's going to pay that debt, hopefully not my Children. You BC Liberals are a laughing stock, and should be ashamed, your worse than the NDP, at managing our economy and our, ( not yours ) our hard earned taxpayer's dollars. What's the Olympic price tag? How much is the BC RAIL feascoe costing us? What about the $ 55 Billion in P3's over the next four years, who's going to pay for that? You BC Liberals are worse than the black plague. Obviously Mr. Letnick, you never paid attention to your university business professor, or he was a BC Liberal! Was his last name Campbell? or Dion? :purefury: Time for you Liberals, to go back to business school, hopefully Alan Clarke gets Elected, Alan will give you Liberals a business refresher course in the Legislature :cursor:

I thought Norm was the best of the 8 candidates at Joe Rich. He spoke clearly and WITHOUT NOTES, and without personal attacks. Head and shoulders above the competition, and he will do well as our next MLA.

Submitted by a proud and loyal Federal Conservative!

How to completely ignore the concerns of the poster. No wonder you support Campbell. You're completely like him (except he gets cutbacks from foreign corporations at your expense - guess he's smarter than you after all).
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

steven lloyd wrote:
How to completely ignore the concerns of the poster. No wonder you support Campbell. You're completely like him (except he gets cutbacks from foreign corporations at your expense - guess he's smarter than you after all).

In all fairness the poster is a complete loon. How do you respond to someone in a factual way when they present allegations that are untrue? Comments like “the black plaque” may reflect a person’s personal opinion and one can only respond expressing an opinion of their own; pretty much exactly what strikes&gutters did.

Hopefully the tone in these threads can remain civil and “judyfreewomen” can find a way to express herself and political views without the added over the top hysteria.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”