Alan Clarke - Independent

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Alan Clarke - Independent

Post by fluffy »

theferniefinch wrote:This guy is totally off his rocker...I hope that everyone will begin to ignore Alan Clarke's thread in protest of the insults, double-talking and spam of his representative and campaign member!

Quite the contrary, this is just the sort of behavior that voters should consider when casting their ballots.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Whereas I hope more people will visit this thread to gain an understanding of what this candidate is all about...

And to enjoy little treasures such as this one, taken directly from his platform on his website:

Universal treatment of the Homelessness, under our Health Care System. ( Homelessness is a disease like Cancer, Heart Attack or Stroke )

One of these things is not like the others... one of these things can actually be considered a disease!

...and how does Alan intend to "treat" homelessness?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

flüffy wrote:
theferniefinch wrote:This guy is totally off his rocker...I hope that everyone will begin to ignore Alan Clarke's thread in protest of the insults, double-talking and spam of his representative and campaign member!

Quite the contrary, this is just the sort of behavior that voters should consider when casting their ballots.

Ahhhhh...I see the logic in that!
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

mechanic_virus wrote:Whereas I hope more people will visit this thread to gain an understanding of what this candidate is all about...

i know more about russell than i do about alan.
Freefalling

Post by Freefalling »

eyepop wrote:
mechanic_virus wrote:Whereas I hope more people will visit this thread to gain an understanding of what this candidate is all about...

i know more about russell than i do about alan.

Scary isn't it? What we do know about Alan is the russell is associated with him, a part of his campaign and his representative on this forum...I think that's enough to draw a conclusion about what he stands for and that he does not have a realistic handle or any control on how he is represented. You snooze you lose! Also russell is now posting on other threads outside the political forum...I am so surprised! Not...
Russell - Winfield

Post by Russell - Winfield »

*deleted/repost without using all-caps/Jo*
90Son

Post by 90Son »

I was at the LC Forum tonight and I must say Alan I have some mixed feelings but they are majorly negative.

You have all of these ideas, and I will admit some of them are rather good yet I have a question who will you go about as you put it " Representing Lake Country" Since as an independant you'll have virtually no say, no swing power(though thqat dpends on the results), so how will you get an agri-cultural plan and all that through hm?

Also perhaps its part of the problem of running as an independant but you came off Arrogant and egotistical when ever you spoke during the entire 1 hour and 45 minute forum. Sure experience is great and all but ramming your accomplishments down our throats is a sure way to build resentment, rather than respect. Perhaps if you had a party you could have focused on them, and the platform rather than your self. Speaking of platform you started by saying you built your platform off of what residents told you, then the rest of the night you said it was YOUR plan.

Also i found it Hypocritical that you said you were tired of the NDP and the Liberals and pointing fingers, but thats what you did all night, if it wasn't "I've done this" oit was " Liberals?NDP?BCConservatives did this wrong." Basically what the other parties are doing. Once again I ask how you expect to get another done for Kelowna-Lake Country if you don't have the support of a political body behind you like Matthew, or Norm would if they were elected May 12th?

Finally you made a point about the BCLiuberals being 'scripted" and gagged. Yet judging by the comments your team and supporters have mad flinging mud and not responding to debate points just hurling insults I'd see why Gordo does so. Maybe it's because your seemingly abrasive personality attracts like minded individuals I don't know. I'm just saying please tighten the leash. Theres a difference between free political opinions, and the relentless attacking of your people
Russell - Winfield

Russell - Winfield wrote:*deleted/repost without using all-caps/Jo*
OK, JO

I've spoken with a couple of "buddies" that attended the forum this evening in Lake Country. A Paramedic from my neck of the woods, and a Lake Country farmer-businessman from Oyama, that said, Alan Clarke was very well received by the Lake Country Chamber of Commerce and members of the local City Council, along with many enthusiastic residents in the stands. Their was one incident that involved a NDP heckler, trying to claim that Ron Cannan Federal Conservative, Kelowna Lake Country MP, was not friends and Glenmore neighbours with Alan Clarke. The NDP heckler was in fact Matthew Reeds, Financial Agent. Norm Letnik cleared up the matter by acknowledging Alan Clarke's close relationship with Ron Cannan MP, at the Federal Conservative nomination convention in 2005. The NDP, in this election are more focused on Alan Clarke INDEPENDENT than Norm Letnik BC Liberal, ALAN must be showing well in the NDP polling.
Listen to Alan Clarke on 1150 AM Kelowna Talk Radio, Thursday May 7th at 9:00 am.

http://www.electclarke.ca
90Son

Post by 90Son »

Russell - Winfield wrote:
Russell - Winfield wrote:*deleted/repost without using all-caps/Jo*
OK, JO

I've spoken with a couple of "buddies" that attended the forum this evening in Lake Country. A Paramedic from my neck of the woods, and a Lake Country farmer-businessman from Oyama, that said, Alan Clarke was very well received by the Lake Country Chamber of Commerce and members of the local City Council, along with many enthusiastic residents in the stands. Their was one incident that involved a NDP heckler, trying to claim that Ron Cannan Federal Conservative, Kelowna Lake Country MP, was not friends and Glenmore neighbours with Alan Clarke. The NDP heckler was in fact Matthew Reeds, Financial Agent. Norm Letnik cleared up the matter by acknowledging Alan Clarke's close relationship with Ron Cannan MP, at the Federal Conservative nomination convention in 2005. The NDP, in this election are more focused on Alan Clarke INDEPENDENT than Norm Letnik BC Liberal, ALAN must be showing well in the NDP polling.
Listen to Alan Clarke on 1150 AM Kelowna Talk Radio, Thursday May 7th at 9:00 am.

http://www.electclarke.ca

Uh. No I was there. She may be part of the nDP team I doon't know for sure but she desputed nothing about friendship, just they lived next door which she apparently did. Alan got caught in an overexaggeration and retacting his statement saying Mr. Cannan lived just up the street from him
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

He mentioned the whole "neighbour" thing a few times at the Social Justice forum held last week, as well. I can't really blame him, I guess. With a campaign so weak and desperate, a guy's got to cling on to whatever he's got, I suppose.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Russell - Winfield

Who cares if Ron Cannan lives 100' or 500' from Alan Clarke, get a life, and take some spelling lessons. This is ridiculous, typical for the NDP, this is how they conduct themselves in question period and in the legislature, that's how Campbell's BC Liberals have managed to go unchecked for 8 years. Remember our have not province under NDP rule, when they were reduced to only two seats, no wonder. It appears that Alan Clarke's performance at tonight's all candidates forum, would make for a more effective opposition to the BC Liberals, than the whole NDP Caucus put together. http://www.electclarke.ca good night all.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

"Get a life"? Whoa. Great way to speak to the constituents.

You have made numerous spelling errors throughout this thread. You are in no place to tell others to take spelling lessons.

You brought up the whole how-close-Alan-lives-to-Ron subject. You were not at the forum in which this was debated. You were at a Rockets game. 90Son was there. He or she told it as he or she saw it. Now you are asking who cares and are throwing insults at him/her?

Where the huck do you get off?

Russell - Winfield

90Son wrote:I was at the LC Forum tonight and I must say Alan I have some mixed feelings but they are majorly negative.

You have all of these ideas, and I will admit some of them are rather good yet I have a question who will you go about as you put it " Representing Lake Country" Since as an independant you'll have virtually no say, no swing power(though thqat dpends on the results), so how will you get an agri-cultural plan and all that through hm?

Also perhaps its part of the problem of running as an independant but you came off Arrogant and egotistical when ever you spoke during the entire 1 hour and 45 minute forum. Sure experience is great and all but ramming your accomplishments down our throats is a sure way to build resentment, rather than respect. Perhaps if you had a party you could have focused on them, and the platform rather than your self. Speaking of platform you started by saying you built your platform off of what residents told you, then the rest of the night you said it was YOUR plan.

Also i found it Hypocritical that you said you were tired of the NDP and the Liberals and pointing fingers, but thats what you did all night, if it wasn't "I've done this" oit was " Liberals?NDP?BCConservatives did this wrong." Basically what the other parties are doing. Once again I ask how you expect to get another done for Kelowna-Lake Country if you don't have the support of a political body behind you like Matthew, or Norm would if they were elected May 12th?

Finally you made a point about the BCLiuberals being 'scripted" and gagged. Yet judging by the comments your team and supporters have mad flinging mud and not responding to debate points just hurling insults I'd see why Gordo does so. Maybe it's because your seemingly abrasive personality attracts like minded individuals I don't know. I'm just saying please tighten the leash. Theres a difference between free political opinions, and the relentless attacking of your people
Russ - Please learn to spell, your obviously to emotional and excited, and detract from this thread, I think the moderators should amend forum rules, and reject posts with so many spelling errors. Sorry, I call it the way I see it, one thing about politics, if your candidate is always under constant attack, that's bonus, just keep on attacking the front runner Alan Clarke INDEPENDENT

Thanks, Russ http://www.electclarke.ca
Russell - Winfield

mechanic_virus wrote:"Get a life"? Whoa. Great way to speak to the constituents.

You have made numerous spelling errors throughout this thread. You are in no place to tell others to take spelling lessons.

You brought up the whole how-close-Alan-lives-to-Ron subject. You were not at the forum in which this was debated. You were at a Rockets game. 90Son was there. He or she told it as he or she saw it. Now you are asking who cares and are throwing insults at him/her?

Where the huck do you get off?
After May 12th, hopefully in Victoria to witness Alan Clarke's swearing in, thanks for pumping him up, in 2005 we didn't get half this much exposure for Alan, in politics even bad press is good exposure, especially for a candidate that knows just about everyone in the community. And is so well liked, Alan has the reputation has "Joe popular and friendly, especially with woman." Keep bashing him, your not swaying anyone in this riding"

wwww.electclarke.ca " An INDEPENDENT grows more popular, the more political parties bash him"
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

This is the stuff legends are made of, I hope that a year from now we all remember this magical moment on Castanet.

Russell you've backed a candidate that has no hope of being elected and even if by some miracle he made it into the legislature he would become the archetypal lame duck. You've backed a candidate that thinks Homelessness is a disease like Cancer, Heart Attack or Stroke?! You've backed a candidate that demonstrates the fruit of his leadership by appointing a goon, you and the various sock puppets, to represent him in a public forum.

Pure gonzo politics. :dyinglaughing:
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan

Return to “Kelowna-Lake Country”