Reincarnation

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Reincarnation:

Post by steven lloyd »

gemmamine wrote: Again, whatever religion or philosophy resonates with a person as their Truth is unique to them, even if in the process of recognizing this there might be part of one that resonates as Truth for them, whereas the rest doesn't - this method of picking and choosing allows a person to recognize their own Truth, of what makes sense to them. The concepts of only one religion or philosophy does not have to be accepted carte blanche if the complete concepts do not resonate - that is where the "free will of discernment" bestowed by the Creator to humanity is activated. And, for the record, it is irrelevant if you are a follower of this or that religion/philosophy - the only part that is important is that you, yourself, find your own Truth that resonates with you and helps you in your chosen path. You are the only one who would know this. Cheers!

Well poop, we’re just using different words to say the same thing.

Reminds me of this one dyslexic agnostic I used to know who was suffering from insomnia.
He used to lie awake at night and wonder if there was a Dog.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:He used to lie awake at night and wonder if there was a Dog.

I think there are several.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

There is a Dog. :ohmygod:
Black Dogs Matter
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:He used to lie awake at night and wonder if there was a Dog.

I think there are several.

Whew, I'm glad I wasn't imagining that. :nutzoid:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

dogspoiler wrote:There is a Dog. :ohmygod:

Don't you mean :ohmydog:?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

I think anything is possible after we die... Reincarnation seems more believable to me then most other theories to be honest... I would be wary of going to someone and being charged a significant sum of money to "regress" before we were born though... once money comes into play on things of this nature, I quickly lose interest.

I am sure we have all met people that it seemed you knew them once before... but never met. You never really do know, and death is such a mystery that humans will never be able to solve.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

my2rotties wrote:would be wary of going to someone and being charged a significant sum of money to "regress" before we were born

Tad James developed the technique called time line therapy which some people are using to do this past life stuff, at the time I studied his technique he made no claims about using it for visiting yourself in a past life. I too would be wary of any one claiming the ability to guide you through past lives. Time line therapy is a very powerful tool that charlatans have glommed onto and twisted about in order to make a buck.
We're lost but we're making good time.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nibs wrote: Time line therapy is a very powerful tool that charlatans have glommed onto and twisted about in order to make a buck.

So what exactly is it, and why did you study the technique - if you don't mind me asking ?
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

my2rotties wrote:I think anything is possible after we die... Reincarnation seems more believable to me then most other theories to be honest... I would be wary of going to someone and being charged a significant sum of money to "regress" before we were born though... once money comes into play on things of this nature, I quickly lose interest.

I am sure we have all met people that it seemed you knew them once before... but never met. You never really do know, and death is such a mystery that humans will never be able to solve.

Hi MyTwo:
Just caught your note. The purpose of regression is really not to find out who you were previously but what you were, what traits have carried forward that need attention now for your own soul growth so that the same mistakes are not continuous from lifetime to lifetime. Follow?
Of course you meet people you have known before - if there is karma active positive or negative, if there is a debt to be balanced - sure they are going to show up in your life to get that settled so that they can move on to fulfill their their own life experiences.
Death is really not a mystery - you have to expand your consciousness to understand there is more to life than just death.
No insults are intended here so please do not take offense. There is a new consciousness prevalent on Earth now and starting to expand and to be accepted and understood by many. The easiest way to understand this is to read or talk to someone who is familiar with the concepts. But, the person has to be interested in finding out and understanding - not just to make small talk.
Cheers!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Gemamine,

As one who was trained in Time Line Therapy age regression, I ask what leads you to believe the things you wrote above?
We're lost but we're making good time.
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

Hi Nibs:
When something resonates within me as a Truth, I will look at it and look at it again...after a period of time if it still resonates as a Truth, then I will hold on to it until something else comes along to either confirm or disprove it. There are many many instances of proof when such is a Truth - but a receptivity to the possibility is necessary. If you keep inside of your box, your comfort zone, you will never understand what I am referring to. One question for you: how do you know that which of I speak is not a Truth? What is your source?
Cheers!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
HP
Board Meister

Post by HP »

She never used the word God, but told me of of a place where we select our 'life to be' and all its trials ect in order to learn what appears to be universal love and the such.. That we are not judged on what we have done but it is discussed 'how' we did while in this incarnation, wheather we did what we set out to do.......

This sounds a little bit like the movie "Defending your Life" with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. It's fun to blue sky - frankly the fear of death is probably why we even HAVE religion in the first place. Some people see it as blasphemous to consider other options but I don't quite see it that way. It's natural to be curious and want to explore the more existential questions and possible to still have faith.

I have a "life" and I choose to life that. When I have "death", I'll deal it up then.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

Glacier wrote:Image

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

But seriously, I recently heard it said that "this world is a theatre of experience" designed to allow consciousness to learn, something that can only happen in a physical realm. Do we choose our lives -who or what or how we reincarnate -based on what our consciousness needs to learn?

I know someone who can remember choosing her path for this life, before she was born. It was to help others, even though this would cause her personal suffering within the course of her lifetime. I think it's true, we do choose. Or have the scenario offered to us and agree or disagree.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”