Election humour

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
daria
Guru

Re: Election humour

Post by daria »

Canadian Women's Favourite Pick-up Line

There's some feminist election "humour" for you.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Yoko vs. Harper

Warning: F-bombs galore.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

NAB wrote:
daria wrote:I'm rather fond of political satire. How can you not like one of our great Newfie comedians? He's like Shaun Majumder and Mark Critch--flippin' hilarious. :sunshine:

LOL. I guess some of us take our politics a mite more seriously than others, and don't appreciate those who distort the truth just for its comedy value. There are many folk who actually believe what these guys say and do as political satire, and vote accordingly. Not good IMO LOL.

Not to say politics in North America hasn't taken on comedic proportions, ...we just have to watch an hour of Question Period in our Parliament or Provincial Legislature each day (when it is in session - our provincial one has largely been shut down for going on a year now and, other than few days to do a bit of housekeeping will probably stay shut down for the rest of this year too. I really don't know what we pay these guys for or why we even have them if they are not going to at least perform their comedy in public on a regular basis, but that is another topic ;-) )

Nab

Nab, Nab, Nab ... I don't think anyone is taking the videos seriously as in watching them will change their vote. What the videos are doing is getting people to think for themselves and maybe, just maybe, do a little investigating of their own to find out exactly why things weren't disclosed, what policy changes were hidden from them, what agreements were signed without being made public until after the fact, what excuses were made for cost increases and why certain funds ended up in certain ridings, etc.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

daria wrote:Canadian Women's Favourite Pick-up Line

There's some feminist election "humour" for you.

daria wrote:Yoko vs. Harper

Warning: F-bombs galore.

Y'know .... those are just sad. Just very, very sad. Those people and others like them are the future of our country?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

gf, the f-bomb or variation was voiced 4 times in that video. You hear it more on the streets or in movies.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

oneh2obabe wrote:gf, f-bomb or variation was voiced 4 times in that video. You hear it said more on the streets or in movies.

Besides, how can anyone be distressed about the f-word, when Harper mutilated John Lennon's magnificent song "Imagine"?!

Furthermore, how can any self-respecting woman support a government that has slashed funding to women's groups across Canada?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

daria wrote:Besides, how can anyone be distressed about the f-word, when Harper mutilated John Lennon's magnificent song "Imagine"?!?

I thought he did a pretty good job on it actually. And it actually showed he has a human side and isn't just a robot.

daria wrote:Furthermore, how can any self-respecting woman support a government that has slashed funding to women's groups across Canada?

I love how lefties equate self-respect with demands for government money. So if a woman doesn't want government money then she has no self-respect? What? This "thinking" jives with the time I listened to the head of the National Action Committee for the Status of Women being interviewed on CBC radio (of course) and she went on some insane rant about how the women who are members of REAL Women (a right-wing women's organization) aren't feminists because they don't support government funding for women's causes. She then went on and said that all women who vote Conservative aren't "real" feminists. I was like "wha?" What kind of stupid comment was that? Just because these women aren't government trough-suckers, you have to marginalize them and insult them on live radio? Aren't you supposed to be supporting women, no matter who they are? Of course women who vote Conservative can also be feminists - and can also have "self respect" - true feminists who believe they can make it on their own without government welfare propping them up. If anyone isn't a "true" feminist, its the whining lefties who feel they need to constantly sup at the government trough to be "feminists". It really is sad that lefty women have to play the political game and insult other women who don't agree with their messed up views of the world. It goes against the entire premise of women working together, no matter what their political stripes. Ludicrous.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

You don't think that denying funding to Sisters in Spirit was a poor decision by the Harper government? Investigating the disappearances of Aboriginal women and girls doesn't rank very high up on the Conservative list of priorities, I suppose.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
daria wrote:Besides, how can anyone be distressed about the f-word, when Harper mutilated John Lennon's magnificent song "Imagine"?!?

I thought he did a pretty good job on it actually. And it actually showed he has a human side and isn't just a robot.

daria wrote:Furthermore, how can any self-respecting woman support a government that has slashed funding to women's groups across Canada?

I love how lefties equate self-respect with demands for government money. So if a woman doesn't want government money then she has no self-respect? What? This "thinking" jives with the time I listened to the head of the National Action Committee for the Status of Women being interviewed on CBC radio (of course) and she went on some insane rant about how the women who are members of REAL Women (a right-wing women's organization) aren't feminists because they don't support government funding for women's causes. She then went on and said that all women who vote Conservative aren't "real" feminists. I was like "wha?" What kind of stupid comment was that? Just because these women aren't government trough-suckers, you have to marginalize them and insult them on live radio? Aren't you supposed to be supporting women, no matter who they are? Of course women who vote Conservative can also be feminists - and can also have "self respect" - true feminists who believe they can make it on their own without government welfare propping them up. If anyone isn't a "true" feminist, its the whining lefties who feel they need to constantly sup at the government trough to be "feminists". It really is sad that lefty women have to play the political game and insult other women who don't agree with their messed up views of the world. It goes against the entire premise of women working together, no matter what their political stripes. Ludicrous.

I agree if they were feminist groups.

Here's the first article I found when I searched "womens rights stephen harper"

http://rabble.ca/columnists/2010/02/har ... ens-rights
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

daria wrote:You don't think that denying funding to Sisters in Spirit was a poor decision by the Harper government? Investigating the disappearances of Aboriginal women and girls doesn't rank very high up on the Conservative list of priorities, I suppose.

Yes- you can pull stuff like this out of the Google machine all day long - the point was that you saying that women who vote Conservative have no self-respect is just plain dumb.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

So, in your eyes self respect is earned through money?

That's an interesting stance.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Captain Awesome wrote:

So, in your eyes self respect is earned through money?

That's an interesting stance.

Through government money - even more interesting stance.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

:offtopic:

You guys need to post some terrific comics of womans groups, feminists, government funding... arguing is not humorous!

(Unless it's clowns arguing)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Amarow121 wrote::offtopic:

You guys need to post some terrific comics of womans groups, feminists, government funding... arguing is not humorous!

(Unless it's clowns arguing)

Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

Well it's not election humour but it's canadian humour....
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=36

Return to “Federal Election 2011”