Something sounds fishy with this election

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
tarasbulba
Fledgling

Something sounds fishy with this election

Post by tarasbulba »

Let see, first someone complains in parliment about not knowing how much the new planes will cost and forces the parliment into an election, OK, as if that hasn't happened before, that the goverment spends money that the people don't know about but this time different, then this person, that no one seems to know. now becomes the leading force to run for the liberals, who is this guy most people said, then things start happening in the media about him living in the states for so many years and only coming back to run for PM. Is a guy the liberals really need, they didn't have anyone else, sounds like the sacrafical lamb. Well all of a sudden there has to be a new election, not like normally where people hear about this stuff for a year or more before the next election, ok. So now the conservatives know that this poor guy doesn't have a hope in hell but they know that strong liberals will vote anyways, which won't give the NDP much help, so horray, the conseravtives win with a majority, so know no one to hassle them for another 4 years, thier free to do what they want now, not like before. does this sound kinda scary to anyone, well at least the green party has one seat, she'll kick *bleep*. Too me this sounds like something that was set up, don't know about the rest of you but sure would like to hear your opinions
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Something sounds fishy with this election

Post by grammafreddy »

Who do you think "set it up"?

Also, what makes you think the Greens are now gonna kick *bleep*? She is one person, one vote in a majority government. She has zero effectiveness that I can see.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Well, I suspect Lizzy May will bring some levity to Parliament if nothing else ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

same crap different pile wrote: sure would like to hear your opinions

I think it's the same crap but different pile. How do you think anyone could set that up for those results?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Conservative operatives installed within the highest ranks of the LIberal party to ensure a weak leader?? Too funny. You might want to try your hand at writing some TV scripts.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

twobits wrote:Conservative operatives installed within the highest ranks of the LIberal party to ensure a weak leader?? Too funny. You might want to try your hand at writing some TV scripts.

Please don't - TV is bad enough as it is.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Actually GF it's gotten a lot better, they cancelled Heroes.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Veovis wrote:Actually GF it's gotten a lot better, they cancelled Heroes.

Yeah and the "Good Wife" isn't. :dyinglaughing:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Well, I suspect Lizzy May will bring some levity to Parliament if nothing else ;-)
:dyinglaughing:

Lizzy May. Love it!

To hear Lizzy May talk she is going to totally transform Parliament. I half expect her to show up wearing a Wonder Woman costume. I think at the end of her term the most LM will have accomplished is securing a spot in the 2015 candidate debates.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”