Joe Rich fire

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
echo 1

Re: Joe Rich fire

Post by echo 1 »

We live close...far too close for comfort. I must send a big thank you to all those working the fire. They are hitting it hard. Thankfully there is no wind up here and the weather forecast is showers (I'd really like to skip the lightning part) It must be too dark for the air crews to continue, my house is no longer shaking from the planes and choppers overhead
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

It looks pretty smoky there in Joe Rich, I think the cooler temperatures are causing a smoke inversion in that area. Keep the windows closed tonight!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'd rather the fire be put out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

It's not really that smokey here. Not enough to overpower my cigar smoke, anyway. :D (I live a few minutes down the road, FWIW)

It's a small event - always nerve wracking for those who live close, though. The fire crews, as always, have earned their keep thus far. Now it's up to mother nature to not thwart their efforts, for the night.
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Looks like it's contained. Luckily the weather helped, and (despite what a fear mongerer said earlier) the fire never got big to begin with.
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Politics without principle. Your bias suits you.

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”