Whose religion?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Whose religion?

Post by Thinktank »

Communism Kills
35 million killed in the Soviet Union and 34 million in Communist China.
"Why does communism kill?" is-because the founder of Communism, Karl Marx, told them it was necessary to kill a large segment of the population in order to attain the basic objective of Communism.

Marx states in the Manifesto of the Communist Party:
You must, therefore, confess that by "individual" you mean no other person than the bourgeois, than the middle-class owner of property. This person must indeed, be swept out of the way, and made impossible.

The Soviet Union, reflective of the communist world as a whole, was openly hostile to religion and officially atheist; it was not irreligious or unreligious, with no stance on religion, but took the position that there was no God. Moreover, that atheism translated into a form of vicious anti-religion that included a systematic, often brutal campaign to eliminate belief. This began from the outset of the Soviet communist state and still continues in various forms in communist countries to this day, from China to North Korea to Cuba.

Communist Teaching

The roots of this hatred and intolerance of religion lie in the essence of communist ideology. Marx dubbed religion the “opiate of the masses,” and opined that, “Communism begins where atheism begins.”

http://www.schwarzreport.org/resources/ ... nism-kills
http://victimsofcommunism.org/the-war-on-religion/
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So to answer the original question - the world would not be better
if everyone suddenly went atheist. But even if the religions would make some big changes
and improvements it wouldn't make a difference. No one really does everything their religion tells
them to do anyway. Religious people tend to just do the things they want to do, the things they think
will make their own life better.

People, whether religious or not are selfish.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

wow - you must of put the ol' thinking cap on as soon as you woke up this morning
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

steven lloyd wrote:wow - you must of put the ol' thinking cap on as soon as you woke up this morning

Some atheists are dumb as hell. Karl Marx was one of them dumb
atheists.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: Some atheists are dumb as hell.

Yes, well atheists don't have a monopoly on that.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I think we already know what will happen if there's no religion.

cori

Post by cori »

May be the reason why the world is such as mess is not because of religions but because humans are... humans?

So may be the question is not about with or without religion
but what within human has led them to such a mess?

and more interesting:
what within me is participating/contributing to this mess and how can I change it?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

cori wrote:and more interesting:
what within me is participating/contributing to this mess and how can I change profit from it?

Fixed it for you

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Outlaw religion and it will just go underground like drug users. Prohibition doesn't work. Understanding is much better. The problems today are not religiously based, they are politically based. The power elite want you to think it is religion, but it is and always has been the "power brokers" who start wars and blame it on others. It just so happens that the boogieman of the day is Islam, before that it was the Commies, before that it was the Nazis, the French, the Spanish, the Mexicans, etc. The rulers love religions because they they are breeding grounds for sheeple who are easily manipulated to do their bidding.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

cliffy1 wrote:Outlaw religion and it will just go underground like drug users. Prohibition doesn't work. Understanding is much better. The problems today are not religiously based, they are politically based. The power elite want you to think it is religion, but it is and always has been the "power brokers" who start wars and blame it on others. It just so happens that the boogieman of the day is Islam, before that it was the Commies, before that it was the Nazis, the French, the Spanish, the Mexicans, etc. The rulers love religions because they they are breeding grounds for sheeple who are easily manipulated to do their bidding.

we have a winner
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-0p3tHVx3U

it seems islam might not be only one to say bad females, know your place :)
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

lakevixen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-0p3tHVx3U

it seems islam might not be only one to say bad females, know your place :)

Good point Vixen. There are religious wing nuts in every society. It is refreshing, however, that in our democracy a woman can sit next to the 'wing nut' and confront the idiot.

I think you would agree that women in many parts of the world would be lashed in public or thrown in jail for a few years for speaking out against the likes of Reverend Paterson.

Although our society is far from perfect- I count my blessings every day that I am where I am.
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”