Hell

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Hell

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

streetpreacherj wrote:The Bible is clear that Hell is, in it's main definition, the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked period.
Having said that, the Bible also depicts Hell as the time on Earth that is most unpleasant, as well as the grave.
The Bible says Jonah cried to the Lord, out of hell, for deliverance when trapped in the belly of the whale. Some drug
addicts, prostitutes, children living with abusers, and the like will refer to their lives as a living hell. Still, Hell's
main definition is the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked. I would quote verse and chapter but that would be
to easy. Do your own study and see if I'm not accurate.

Was the Bible written by the Lord ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

Well.....welcome to hell...just take the pamphlet.Eat the wafer..drink the wine...do the Vatican rag.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

streetpreacherj wrote:The Bible is clear that Hell is, in it's main definition, the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked period.
Having said that, the Bible also depicts Hell as the time on Earth that is most unpleasant, as well as the grave.
The Bible says Jonah cried to the Lord, out of hell, for deliverance when trapped in the belly of the whale. Some drug
addicts, prostitutes, children living with abusers, and the like will refer to their lives as a living hell. Still, Hell's
main definition is the Lake of Fire that consumes the wicked. I would quote verse and chapter but that would be
to easy. Do your own study and see if I'm not accurate.

Thank you for trying to explain but that doesn't really clear anything up for me, so what happens to the people who go to hell? They get consumed by the lake of fire? So this said person dies, gets consumed by the lake of fire, and then lights out, all done?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

It is perfectly clear, the Christians go to heaven, the rest of us go the other way.
What a fantasy, the clever devils tap into the human animals fear of death and tell us, if you do this and that and give us just 10% we will let you live for ever. Muslims go one better with the promise of virgins, for the afterlife.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I Think wrote:It is perfectly clear, the Christians go to heaven, the rest of us go the other way.
What a fantasy, the clever devils tap into the human animals fear of death and tell us, if you do this and that and give us just 10% we will let you live for ever. Muslims go one better with the promise of virgins, for the afterlife.

Thats sad if you believe that. i would avoid all and any religions who teach such lies.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Hmm wrote;

Thats sad if you believe that. i would avoid all and any religions who teach such lies.

You are right, many religions are very sad, and that is why so many of us stay away from the tripe served up on the plate of religion.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I've been to hell and back. (Events leading up to my divorce. In ICU wondering if my child was going to live or die. And more...)
I've been to heaven. (My present marriage. My child recovered. And more...)

I would say that the families Alberta, Penticton and Kelowna in the news this week who have lost their loved ones are in hell right now.

If hell is being consumed by fire, how do I go about arranging it so that my family doesn't need to pay for my cremation?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”