Camp Fire Ban

davis123
Board Meister

Re: Camp Fire Ban

Post by davis123 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:

I agree with you all the way but I want to point out the word "discretion" in the quoted part of your post.

That is where the plan falls apart because as Trapp pointed out, campfire caused fires are for the most part due to non-compliance.

As with all things in life, it is the minority who cause issues for the rest so what do you do?

Again, as per Trapp who seems to know what he/she is talking about; if there is no immediate need for a ban, put the gun back in the holster.

The fine though for anyone found to be responsible for starting a forest fire at anytime needs to be swift and painful and very, very public.

Agreed mexicalidreamer :smt045 , I worded that post poorly and it didn't come across with what I actually meant to say:

Exactly, human caused fires can be caused by a multitude of reasons. Campfires are just one of the many reasons. There is no need for campfire bans unless the Province mandates it. When campfire bans are not in place people should still use discretion, sometimes there isn't a ban but you can easily see it is too dry and maybe they haven't had a chance to update the signage or see the area for themselves.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

A wise man once said " when you leave people up to their own devices, the emergency ward is very busy".
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

22 camp fires left burning after long weekend good job idiots
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

LTD wrote:22 camp fires left burning after long weekend good job idiots

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-169918-3-.htm#169918

Irresponsible people like that ruin it for everyone else.

Return to “Fire Watch 2016”