So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

Islamic State hacks 58-year-old Professor Rezaul Karim Siddique to death as he headed to work at Rajshahi University in Bangladesh for 'calling people to atheism'. ( even though he was not an outspoken atheist )

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... m=facebook
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35251
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Glacier »

Really weird title choice.

Bangladesh is a Hell Hole these days. India has built the world's longest wall - a double walled 3,000 km barb wire fence - because they are tired of the Islamists coming and killing Hindus. By your title you seem to be implying that because Islamists don't like atheists they someone like Christians. The Christian population in the Middle East has gone from 20% 100 years to 4% today because of peace and love? You and your buddy HealthySkeptic (if you aren't the same person) are really hard to follow.

Everybody knows that Islamists don't take kindly to atheists. Everybody knows that atheists technically don't get to live as dhimmis under the Shariah because they get the same punishment as apostates - death. Everybody knows that the dice are loaded. Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed. Everybody knows that the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost. Everybody knows the fight was fixed. The poor stay poor, the rich get rich. That's how it goes. Everybody knows.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:Really weird title choice.

Bangladesh is a Hell Hole these days. India has built the world's longest wall - a double walled 3,000 km barb wire fence - because they are tired of the Islamists coming and killing Hindus. By your title you seem to be implying that because Islamists don't like atheists they someone like Christians. The Christian population in the Middle East has gone from 20% 100 years to 4% today because of peace and love? You and your buddy HealthySkeptic (if you aren't the same person) are really hard to follow.

Everybody knows that Islamists don't take kindly to atheists. Everybody knows that atheists technically don't get to live as dhimmis under the Shariah because they get the same punishment as apostates - death. Everybody knows that the dice are loaded. Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed. Everybody knows that the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost. Everybody knows the fight was fixed. The poor stay poor, the rich get rich. That's how it goes. Everybody knows.


My title choice is due to the fact that certain posters keep insisting that Christians are the targets of choice for ISIS.

I am most certainly NOT implying that Islamists like Christians..no idea where you pulled that one out of.
What I am implying is that these attacks and murders are NOT some sort of war on Christianity, as some people seem to want to believe.
They are a war on ANYONE who is not a radical Islamist.

It is also not usually acceptable here to accuse posters of being dual-personalities, or posing as others...so please refrain from making such accusations against me in the future.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35251
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Glacier »

Farmmaa wrote:My title choice is due to the fact that certain posters keep insisting that Christians are the targets of choice for ISIS.

Oh? That's news to me. Which posters?

P.S. Have you read the "Whose Islam" thread? It might interest you if not.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:Islamic State hacks 58-year-old Professor Rezaul Karim Siddique to death as he headed to work at Rajshahi University in Bangladesh for 'calling people to atheism'. ( even though he was not an outspoken atheist )

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... m=facebook


Two men were killed, this one, and a gay activitist, which is the one making news. It is certainly NOT a given that this man was killed for atheism, THIS from YOUR link (which apparently you thought nobody would read):

"According to the Amaq New Agency, which is affiliated with the Islamic State, Muslim radicals killed Siddique for “calling to atheism.” It’s a claim that doesn’t make a lot of sense to the people who knew him best; one professor who worked with Siddique told reporters “he never wrote or spoke against religion in public.”.

The murder victim making big news in Bangladesh was killed for his gay activism. In fact if you google Islamic state kills gay activist Bangladesh you will garner a lot of results. You know Islam despises gays right?

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/25/g ... /21350593/

Care to explain your title? Because, as a Christian, I have tried to warn you people that gays are EXECUTED in Islamic countries. Why do you insist on hating on Christians? And misrepresenting the story completely?
Last edited by pepsilover on Apr 26th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:
My title choice is due to the fact that certain posters keep insisting that Christians are the targets of choice for ISIS.

I am most certainly NOT implying that Islamists like Christians..no idea where you pulled that one out of.
What I am implying is that these attacks and murders are NOT some sort of war on Christianity, as some people seem to want to believe.
They are a war on ANYONE who is not a radical Islamist.

It is also not usually acceptable here to accuse posters of being dual-personalities, or posing as others...so please refrain from making such accusations against me in the future.


Get over it. I have said that Christians AND JEWS are 'targeted' and they are. I've also stated various times that so-called 'normal or moderate' muslims are victims as well, that they are afraid to speak out at all BECAUSE of terror groups like ISIS - much like your groups are afraid to speak out against them.

Why don't you go talk to a few Syrian refugees who are Christians - oh that's right you probably can't because most of the CHRISTIAN SYRIANS were TARGETED and murdered by ISIS before we swooped in to save the day. Do your homework. You are so uninformed it is embarrassing.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod
Posts: 1775
Joined: Aug 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by pepsilover »

Farmmaa wrote:
My title choice is due to the fact that certain posters keep insisting that Christians are the targets of choice for ISIS.



Targets OF CHOICE? Nice propaganda work. I have said Christians are targets of ISIS and they are. And it's because of their religion. Targeted for their faith.

Why does this incense you so much? You are sounding extremely hateful towards Christians for somebody who is in another thread saying atheists don't 'hate God'. In fact you are sounding extremely confused which is what most atheists sound like in this forum. In real life atheists don't sound like you, not the ones I know anyways. They are a lot more easy-going for one thing (to be clear, by 'easy-going' I mean TOLERANT!).
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

Are you finished with your angry tirade yet ?

If you are, perhaps, instead of accusing me of misrepresenting the story and trying to hide the details - you will notice that I clearly stated in my post that he was NOT an openly outspoken atheist.

That doesn't sound like someone trying to hide that detail.

It really is very simple.
ISIS, and other radical Islamic groups are targeting anyone different than themselves....different religions, different cultures, different political powers.

I'm not sure exactly why you continue to bring up the subject of me, or anyone else, being afraid to speak up against Jews or Muslims. I have no idea where or how you came up with that one, but it's really quite ridiculous.
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Guru
Posts: 5850
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by sobrohusfat »

Read your title. By implying that because others also die at the hands of islamic nut-jobs, there's no need to mention the very real and current bloody persecution of Christians, you continue to display your contempt.

Gays and atheists are killed ...and... Christian communities get raped and slaughtered - why must one negate the disgusting reality of the other in your head. It's just weird.

Maybe if they were only being forced to either bake cakes celebrating Ramadan or go out of business it'd be just a "theory"...
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

sobrohusfat wrote:Read your title. By implying that because others also die at the hands of islamic nut-jobs, there's no need to mention the very real and current bloody persecution of Christians, you continue to display your contempt.

Gays and atheists are killed ...and... Christian communities get raped and slaughtered - why must one negate the disgusting reality of the other in your head. It's just weird.

Maybe if they were only being forced to either bake cakes celebrating Ramadan or go out of business it'd be just a "theory"...


Indeed, I do hold contempt for people who continue to complain and moan about how poor, downtrodden Christians are the brunt of persecution , hate and discrimination.
I hold contempt for the continuing posts that echo the same thing - Christians are being targeted.

Terrorism is NOT about persecuting Christians...as you said, as I said several times...they are murdering ALL who do not agree with them. ( we are saying the same bloody thing, so no need to argue the point )
I am NOT negating the slaughter of the many other groups and individuals being murdered.

The only targets are those who do not follow radical Islamic idealism.
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Guru
Posts: 5850
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by sobrohusfat »

mmm...Nah,

I think we've got you pretty much figured.

Imagine how disgusting if someone had said this in 1917 - while it was still ongoing:

Indeed, I do hold contempt for people who continue to complain and moan about how poor, downtrodden [ Armenians ] are the brunt of persecution , hate and discrimination.

I hold contempt for the continuing posts that echo the same thing - [ Armenians ] are being targeted.


...after all, the Ottoman turks also went after Assyrians and Greeks.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

Yes, of course, you have me all figured out and you know exactly what I think and feel.

And yes, it's exactly the same thing, because as we all know, terrorist attacks like 911, Paris, Brussels were all simply attacks on Christians. They weren't politically motivated at all. I mean, after all, these attacks did not occur in public places which were frequented by a large mix of people from different races, cultures and religions. The targets were clearly Christian gathering spots and places of worship.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35251
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Glacier »

Many secularists have a hard time admitting that the Armenian genocide even existed. Usually they change the subject and talk about non-Christians getting targeted.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Farmmaa »

Glacier wrote:Many secularists have a hard time admitting that the Armenian genocide even existed. Usually they change the subject and talk about non-Christians getting targeted.


Many believers have a hard time not being very condescending and continually insinuating, or outright stating, that non believers are uninformed and ignorant.
I don't recall denying anything...but I also do not recall this thread being about Armenians.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35251
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: So much for the whole Christian persecution theory..

Post by Glacier »

Have you ever seen the likes of Cenk Uygur? Have you ever read the "Whose Islam" thread? Surely you have read the "Tic... Toc... Israel" thread? deflection is a very common game. Deflection away from the brutality of ISIS, Hamas, etc. In the 100s of pages of discussing radical Islam, I would say that there are almost 100% agreement that secularists are targets just as much as Christians who refuse to submit to Islam.

This whole thread is one big strawman. No one believes the things you say they do. No one thinks that ISIS takes it easier on the atheists than the Christians. No one thinks that when ISIS moves into a town, they line of Christians in one line, behead them, and then line up the atheists, Yazidis, etc. in another line only to give them an easier time. You've built up a false premise that doesn't exist. There is no Christian persecution theory.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”