Re: If the NDP win

Post by Urban Cowboy »

So well stated. :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the bclibs will not be gracious in loss and put on display for everyone to see a typical higher than thou attitude :smt045
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:the bclibs will not be gracious in loss and put on display for everyone to see a typical higher than thou attitude :smt045

Gracious? What on earth would you and your cozealots know about gracious, after spamming the board with fertilizer for the last four years?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol thanks for proving my point . :130: . where a rightwinger sees spam the rest the world sees facts [icon_lol2.gif]
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gonna be a tough four years . Maybe time to go off grid. Move to Saskatchewan or Texas. Way to go mj your kind are ruining everything . Everywhere the dippers get in goes into deep recession . All the debt feeds protesters and welfare . Sickening . I hate these people so much. People are all equal . Sure . Until you look at work ethics. So now we have a government made up of whiners handicaps imports and union brass. Yikes gonna go puke
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Jflem1983 wrote:Gonna be a tough four years . Maybe time to go off grid. Move to Saskatchewan or Texas. Way to go mj your kind are ruining everything . Everywhere the dippers get in goes into deep recession . All the debt feeds protesters and welfare . Sickening . I hate these people so much. People are all equal . Sure . Until you look at work ethics. So now we have a government made up of whiners handicaps imports and union brass. Yikes gonna go puke

If you feel that way, you probably should leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out ;)
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

This is far reaching, I know federally that the Liberals must be having 6 fits about this coalition. It won't last. BC wanted change but for some reason it seemed to be (for the most part) aimed at Christy. I think that once she is gone and another leader chosen the liberals will have their majority back......depending on who they chose as leader. A lot of anger directed at the old liberal guard as well.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

mr.bandaid wrote:This is far reaching, I know federally that the Liberals must be having 6 fits about this coalition.

Why? The BC Liberals are not at all associated with the Liberal party of Canada.

It won't last. BC wanted change but for some reason it seemed to be (for the most part) aimed at Christy. I think that once she is gone and another leader chosen the liberals will have their majority back......depending on who they chose as leader. A lot of anger directed at the old liberal guard as well.

After the next election, you may be right, but it's unlikely beforehand. Honestly, they should change their name first, because it is terribly misleading.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Liberal name is more associated with centrist policy than any other party.

In BC, there's no strong right party and the BC Liberals offer enough to the small c conservatives to make them comfortable: smaller government, free enterprise, less meddling.

But they're also on board with some very leftist ideals, like the carbon tax. And despite all the complaints we've seen about how social services are delivered, I can tell you from experience those on disability have seen a big improvement in what they're allowed to earn and keep in the last couple of years. We see improved spending on health care and better direction on education spending (although that cost us dearly), other than the ridiculous "buy us with our own money and throw the trustees under the bus" business last spring. There's always room for improvement, but the extreme promises of the NDP and Greens during the campaign were pie in the sky, and no one is going to want to pay the piper when the bills roll in.

Like the Federal Liberal party, the BC Liberals are the BC party centrists feel most comfortable with, a reasonable mix of idealism and pragmatism. Changing their name won't change that.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I suspect the Conservatives will spring up, again.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

neilsimon wrote:
mr.bandaid wrote:This is far reaching, I know federally that the Liberals must be having 6 fits about this coalition.

Why? The BC Liberals are not at all associated with the Liberal party of Canada.

My answer to Neil's question:
It has nothing to do with party affiliation and everything to do with a few deals that the feds have going like the Kinder Morgan pipeline and probably even site c. Really you should probably get off Castanet and watch some news.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol that is a laugh . the feds okayed the fact of damming up a waterway thats it . rest is on bc govt . kindermorgan is not going to raise the money anytime soon and if the bc govt revokes its okay im not sure what happens then. jt can over rule ? but i do believe anyones land it affects should have a say as canadians .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:I suspect the Conservatives will spring up, again.

Or be merged into a new coalition and called the BC Party or something like in Alberta. To play the "George-" game, if the Conservatives hadn't syphoned off votes in Courtney Comox the Liberals would have won (because of course all of these voters would have voted Liberal, duh) and they would have a majority now and billions of dollars of investment in BC wouldn't currently be in jeopardy. It was just pure divine intervention that the NDP are so freaking stupid that they cost themselves two ridings purely out of their commitment to blatant sexism and racism.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

neilsimon wrote:

It won't last. BC wanted change but for some reason it seemed to be (for the most part) aimed at Christy. I think that once she is gone and another leader chosen the liberals will have their majority back......depending on who they chose as leader. A lot of anger directed at the old liberal guard as well.

After the next election, you may be right, but it's unlikely beforehand. Honestly, they should change their name first, because it is terribly misleading.

You mean like calling it the "New Democratic Party," when all they do is dust off the same old playbook decade after decade?

That kind of misleading?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
George+ wrote:I suspect the Conservatives will spring up, again.

Or be merged into a new coalition and called the BC Party or something like in Alberta. To play the "George-" game, if the Conservatives hadn't syphoned off votes in Courtney Comox the Liberals would have won (because of course all of these voters would have voted Liberal, duh) and they would have a majority now and billions of dollars of investment in BC wouldn't currently be in jeopardy. It was just pure divine intervention that the NDP are so freaking stupid that they cost themselves two ridings purely out of their commitment to blatant sexism and racism.

I agree, it has happened 3 times now that I can remember, The Social Credit Party, the Reform Party and now the Liberal Party. they will soon run out of names. Each of those names came with a dagger to the back of the leaders at the time.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”