Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Ashcroft

Post by tsayta »

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Wow! the fire has absolutely exploded, moving 20km overnight! By contrast, the 100 Mile Fire hasn't grown at all in 2 days. The fires around Williams Lake are also petering out. The Hanceville fire has also exploded overnight, and is heading south with a 30km wide wall of flames!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Looks like loon lake has been completely overrun
WW
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Estimated at 42,300 hectares. By far the largest modern day fire ever recorded in the kamloops fire centre.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've got two friends working it. They are both in technical support and are givin' it all they've got.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Unfortunately lightning now detected in the Bonaparte
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Its now up to 53,400
http://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/interactive-map

According to that map, the Hanceville fire is now over 100,000 hectares!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Glacier the reason I posted that number is it was up 10,000ha from previous day. I was not comparing it to any of the other fires.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Elephant Hill

Post by Glacier »

wildfire-burned-pole-haze.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Jul 25th, 2017, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Elephant Hill

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:
wildfire-burned-pole-haze.jpg

We have driven though this area dozens of times and I am quite frankly, devastated. It looks like a nuclear bomb went off. Some body please assure us all that, "nature hates a vaccum and will replenish this as the natural disaster it is."

:cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

give it a couple years it will be bright green good things actually come from fires other than the loss of homes and posessions
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm pretty sure that Ashcroft is only green for about 8 seconds every year given the desert conditions. But yes, we will see a lot more brown next year instead of black.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Has Oregon Jack Provincial Park being burned too? We drove through there both ways on Hat Creek Ranch Rd to find the pictographs. I'd hate to think they got burned out.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”