Backcountry closed

Frisk
Guru

Backcountry closed

Post by Frisk »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-201746-3-.htm#201746
A large swath of Central British Columbia's backcountry has been closed for travel, camping and other recreational use in an effort to protect public safety and prevent any more forest fires.
dale mck

Re: Backcountry closed

Post by dale mck »

As a avid back-country user , I support not only this closure but in fact would like to see it expanded to cover the other areas around the prov. that are experiencing these dangerous dry conditions. The short term inconvenience for us is a reasonable trade off to lesson the threat of man started fires,,,,when resources are already being taxed with the fires we have going now. It would have serious financial consequences for private recreational operators,,,this would be a sad downside to closures.
Last edited by dale mck on Jul 13th, 2017, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

So this is just official forestry sites and trails?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

No people no fires.

I love the outdoors, and I know the vast majority of back-country users exercise the utmost of caution when it comes to fire safety.

But it only takes one. I support this 100%. IT's too hot to camp in July anyways. See you guys in September :130:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Liquidnails wrote:No people no fires.

I love the outdoors, and I know the vast majority of back-country users exercise the utmost of caution when it comes to fire safety.

But it only takes one. I support this 100%. IT's too hot to camp in July anyways. See you guys in September :130:

Ditto that - hitting the nail on the head.
brooka1

Post by brooka1 »

I agree. With all the resources now engaged in fighting, all backwoods in the province should be closed. We just don't have the people and equipment to fight any more fires.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”