Fire Restrictions Start April 23rd

Sparki55
Guru

Re: Fire Restrictions Start April 23rd

Post by Sparki55 »

Woodenhead wrote:Just close the back country to all motorized vehicles, period.

Yep, this again. Let's also ban all cars to stop accidents; ban all sports to stop injuries; ban all travel to curb pollution; ban all, ban all, ban all everything.

I get it, you're :cuss:ed off that fires start and you need to come up with a way to try and solve it. Sometimes we let ourselves think we found the solution, albeit an easy solution because contemplating a hard one takes more effort and why waste the effort when we have an easy solution. Sometimes it's best to try the easy solution first to see if it works and then move on to more complicated ones from there.

Review at what occured over the last few weeks. Plenty of fires started by lightning strikes, not campfires. It was very windy and people managed to keep their campfires under control. Read this link, it states that only 5% of wildfires are caused by playing with matches or a campfire:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/study-shows-84-wildfires-caused-humans-180962315/

Now you may still think that a campfire is unnecessary but I will still argue that if the risk isn't there then let people do as they please.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

5% too many!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/233162 ... k-in-fines

what the heck? great they fined them...

how can anyone think they are able to have a campfire in this type of weather....

.....i wouldn't doubt that some "responsible" back country people are having campfires....but hey...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Symbonite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/233162/campfires-net-4.6k-in-fines

what the heck? great they fined them...

how can anyone think they are able to have a campfire in this type of weather....

.....i wouldn't doubt that some "responsible" back country people are having campfires....but hey...

Meh, 10 years ago this was commonplace. 10 years ago you would have been like "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T HAVE A FIRE?"

If you're from Washington State or Alberta or the Yukon, you can have fires, so it's really just an artificial rule because our government doesn't know that we know how to put out fires properly.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Seems like people have been really good lately. Not too many human caused fires this year. Shart. Jinks?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Last year many campfires were found not properly doused. This year, quiet as mice. Good.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”