Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Chyren
Board Meister

Re: Firefighters in Vernon get caught.

Post by Chyren »

Next step in this disgrace?

The two individuals will now sue to City of Vernon for millions of dollars due to them being wrongly singled out for their behavior.....trust me I can see this a mile away...... :200:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm not sure they want any more publicity considering how this has affected the community.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Him: reinstated. Back on the job with the high salary. Benefits. Gold plated pension waiting at the end of the gravy train.

Her: her job was shipped out of town. Severance. No job. See ya.

Vernon: an equal opportunity employer?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cara-Leigh Manahan's job was being phased out anyway so likely would have been offered another depending on her contract.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Fancy wrote:Cara-Leigh Manahan's job was being phased out anyway so likely would have been offered another depending on her contract.

Truth. Likely given the opportunity to bid into other municipal jobs.

I have heard of a scenario at another municipality where after arbitration the fired employee was awarded a job back in a different department. (not one he was trained for, or worked in before). It was then up to the City to train and place the re-instated employee in a new position.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

buckland wrote:Professional lawyers also engage in sex. I think :200:

In their free time, then :up: . When they're on the clock and doin' the horizontal huffle shuffle, its time to look for a new lawyer :smt045
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

common_sense_guy wrote:And I say big deal that they had sex. They obviously thought there were alone. They're two consenting adults. To get fired over one of the most natural human behaviors is stupid and for everybody to make them out as the worst criminals with no shame is quite judgy. The people that are passing judgment on these two people had not been affected in any way by their behavior yep there condemnation seems to be hugely overboard. Like I always say if it doesn't affect you mind your own business

As a former volunteer fire fighter no here I know how long it takes to get dressed, so how would feel if it was a member of our family that died because it took 2 people to get dressed and down to a fire truck because they were having sex?
I would have sued them for being negligent in performing the duties they were hired for which was not having sex on the tax payers money.
UNIONS you can get away with anything if you are a member
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Doesn't sound like they were undressed completely especially knowing they had to be aware of others.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

tabubil wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote:And I say big deal that they had sex. They obviously thought there were alone. They're two consenting adults. To get fired over one of the most natural human behaviors is stupid and for everybody to make them out as the worst criminals with no shame is quite judgy. The people that are passing judgment on these two people had not been affected in any way by their behavior yep there condemnation seems to be hugely overboard. Like I always say if it doesn't affect you mind your own business

As a former volunteer fire fighter no here I know how long it takes to get dressed, so how would feel if it was a member of our family that died because it took 2 people to get dressed and down to a fire truck because they were having sex?
I would have sued them for being negligent in performing the duties they were hired for which was not having sex on the tax payers money.
UNIONS you can get away with anything if you are a member

was it affirmed she was a fire fighter? I never knew Vernon had a female firefighter;; were they both on duty etc
no one has any details two things 1) you would have never ever known why they were delayed and 2) I doubt anyone would died based solely on a event like this
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

captain Brent Bond and dispatcher Cara-Leigh Manahan were fired for having sex??? BUT" according to the court judgement they were not and apparently did not actually bonk each other ?? (did not have sex) ????

Quote:
Within a minute, the tan line was revealed and exploration was commenced but abruptly stopped."
The pair then collected themselves, kissed and embraced before leaving the office.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Former chief poorly treated
Contributed - Mar 20, 2019 / 2:09 pm | Story: 252015
I have been following the ongoing situation at Vernon Fire Rescue for the last few years, and with the latest developments, felt compelled to write.

According to your story, former fire chief Keith Green had been on a medical leave of absence from September 2016 until he was terminated in August 2018.

My understanding is that this leave to deal with a PTSD/OSI workplace injury, and that a plan was in place for him to start a graduated return to work at the time he was unceremoniously let go.

I am appalled at the total lack of respect shown to Chief Green in the handling of this situation.

PTSD/OSI is medically recognized form of workplace injury widely accepted by experts throughout the world. There are several Canadian provinces that have included it within their presumptive disease wording. If an employee is diagnosed with either of these illnesses, it is presumed that it is a result of workplace exposure and thus falls under WorkSafe legislation, entitling that employee to benefits contained within the legislation.

Almost every day in Canada, we hear of another active or retired first responder or military officer dying as a result of suicide. Most often, the cause of the victim's poor mental health is linked directly to his or her PTSD or OSI. In many of these cases, the victim feels abandoned by their employer – those who by duty to accommodate law are required to assist and support the employee while they get themselves healthy enough to return to work or enjoy their retirement.

The treatment of this long time, hard working employee appears to be a far cry from what good, respectful HR policy dictates.

Time to stop talking the talk, and to walk the walk. Rescind the termination notice. Get Chief Green back in the fold with the help he needs to regain his mental health. Then start to repair the toxic environment that has been created at Vernon Fire Rescue Services.

Rob Chalmers, Platoon Capt. (Ret), Kamloops Fire Rescue

Letter to the editor.
So this letter includes a new twist. A retired member now spreading likely confidential information about a mental health claim that Chief Green may or may not have had. Including details about his leave of absence and return-to-work schedule.

Does this mean if an employee has had an accepted claim for PTSD / mental health issues than when they return to work they can engage in unethical acts and get away with it? It seems the letter to the editor believes the PTSD is an excuse for bad behavior.

"The treatment of this hard working employee is a far cry from what a good, respectful HR policy dictates"
Ummm, how about the employee involved respect the public and act in an ethical way??

Firing employees for engaging in sexual acts on company time, in a superior's office is exactly what a good HR team will do.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

soupy wrote:
Fancy wrote:Cara-Leigh Manahan's job was being phased out anyway so likely would have been offered another depending on her contract.

Truth. Likely given the opportunity to bid into other municipal jobs.

I have heard of a scenario at another municipality where after arbitration the fired employee was awarded a job back in a different department. (not one he was trained for, or worked in before). It was then up to the City to train and place the re-instated employee in a new position.

Do you really think that she'll be offered another job with the city? Even if she was obviously the most experienced and best trained for the job? She'll be able to bid on other jobs, but do you really think she'll get one if the city has a choice of giving her one or not? Meanwhile, the captain will hop right back on the gravy train.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bob vernon wrote:Do you really think that she'll be offered another job with the city? Even if she was obviously the most experienced and best trained for the job? She'll be able to bid on other jobs, but do you really think she'll get one if the city has a choice of giving her one or not? Meanwhile, the captain will hop right back on the gravy train.

Will be interesting to hear what the outcome is but is she even interested in pursuing the matter. Maybe she'll be happy with a severance and move on with her life and let the publicity die down.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Vernon fireman job is the most severely overpaid and underworked position one can come across lol
But if this idiot captain gets his job back and will assume the lefty liberals will pay his back wages then this women I hope get full compensation aslo
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Here you go.. buckland.... check this out... !!!
As per my note prior !! Cheers

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=76660&hilit=fire+chief+west+kelowna

Kinda the same pot of stew... me thinks... !!

Return to “North Okanagan”