Meng and 'alleged' spying

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Meng and 'alleged' spying

Post by Bsuds »

Ya, the 2 Michaels arrests were not politically motivated.

Glad they are coming home.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Meng was arrested Dec 1st, 2018 - Spavor and Kovrig were arrested a few days later. She gets on a plane and they happen to board their plane at the same time? Coincidence? Nah, can't be.
Spavor and Kovrig's flight departed China about 7:30 p.m. ET, Trudeau said. They are being accompanied by Dominic Barton, Canada's ambassador to China.
Meng reached a deferred prosecution agreement with the U.S. government earlier Friday, setting off a quick chain of events that saw her extradition case in a B.C. court dropped and her departure from Vancouver airport, also at about 7:30 p.m. ET.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spavor ... -1.6189516
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

It will be interesting to see which exchanged party requires immediate medical attention.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

DarbyD wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 6:28 pm
oneh2obabe wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 6:10 pm Link to CBC https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spavor ... -1.6189516

Canadians released after Huawei CFO resolves US charges
https://apnews.com/article/technology-b ... a456af14ea
So glad the Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig are coming home.

China authorities said the two Michaels incarceration was not related sooo coincidence they are now being released?
CCP continues to BS the world and gullible idiots buy it... hook, line and sinker.
Virus floating around the world was created in a lab by this same CCP.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

GordonH wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 7:28 pm

China authorities said the two Michaels incarceration was not related sooo coincidence they are now being released?
CCP continues to BS the world and gullible idiots buy it... hook, line and sinker.
Virus floating around the world was created in a lab by this same CCP.
Say it out loud and you may be whisked away for a spanking or worse
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

oneh2obabe wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 6:10 pm Link to CBC https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spavor ... -1.6189516

Canadians released after Huawei CFO resolves US charges
https://apnews.com/article/technology-b ... a456af14ea

Yeah, there's no coincidence at all, just like there's no coincidence that the SNC criminal charges didn't happen until 2 days after the election.

The duplicity that Canadians roll over and accept for flashy socks and cool hair is disgusting. We need an overhaul big time, and a restoration of respect on the world stage. People don't screw around with those they respect.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I am glad that Trudeau won for the third time. This way he gets to keep the credit for all the hard work and diplomacy he has done to get the Michaels back. I am especially glad that the administration of Biden supported Trudeau - and did behind the scene diplomacy in order for the Michaels to be released. Today is a great day and a victory for Trudeau liberals.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Barf

Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Hostage diplomacy is not at all diplomatic. If anything China only hurts their own global reputation by kidnapping and fraud. Thankfully the Meng case is over with an agreement, and coincidentally the Michaels will return with no information what-so-ever for why they were held 1000 days. Too bad Justin is completely impotent to negotiate anything but he will take credit. All leftists will unite and cuddle with their Huawei phones.
Last edited by Jlabute on Sep 24th, 2021, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 9:18 pm I am glad that Trudeau won for the third time. This way he gets to keep the credit for all the hard work and diplomacy he has done to get the Michaels back. I am especially glad that the administration of Biden supported Trudeau - and did behind the scene diplomacy in order for the Michaels to be released. Today is a great day and a victory for Trudeau liberals.
Trudeau did not do a bloody thing to get the two Michaels back home. Not one bloody thing.

Double Barf.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Well, you kidnap Chinese nationals just so you can lick some American *bleep* and hope they call you good boy ... you get yourself in a bind.

You kidnap one, they kidnap two. You come out at them with a knife, they come at you with a gun.

Next thing hopefully they think before acting like a little lapdog that asks "How high?" when the guy with the leash says "Jump!".
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I find it interesting that people didn't think Trudeau made any effort to get the 2 Michaels back. When there has been evidence from day 1 that he has worked hard on the file. As usual conservative supporters oversimplify things too much. You know - like them winning an election - just cause conservatives. Blah blah blah blah Trudeau this Trudeau that JWR Blah or SNC Blah or WE Blah. And in the end they are so wrong. Trudeau walks away from SNC witch hunts, or chopper ride witch hunts, or SNC witch hunts, or WE witch hunts. As well as springing out the Michaels.

Obviously, conservatives think that Trudeau did nothing - because he didn't use the avenues of failure that conservatives always seem to use. Barking furiously in Canada on the sidelines like a shaking chihuahua in the arms of the US big brother and protector. This would have made things worse. Unfortunately for Canada, the 2 Michaels were swept up in bad policies of a revered imbecile named Trump. Who did nothing to help Canada help the 2 Michaels. Instead, he sabre rattled and blustered with China accomplishing nothing for America or Canada diplomatically.

Like I said before - Trudeau has been trying for years to get these 2 men back. And I for one am glad he is still in power relieved that all his hard work is finally done. And the conservative DI's that say different don't know what they are talking about. For years pundits of all stripes, as well as ex ambassadors admitted on TV that Trudeau was doing all he could. Being stuck between a moron in Trump who made us grab her (and a China that was flexing their muscles in response) making Canada the scapegoat was not an easy predicament to be in. Now it's over and Trudeau Liberals have another feather in their hat. Too bad this wasn't before the election. Maybe we would have had a majority.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 7:25 pm It will be interesting to see which exchanged party requires immediate medical attention.
Chances these two men will have a serious case PTSD.
Being confined in a Chinese prison, not know what is going on, why they are there, poor food, limited physical activity, these guys could be in rough shape.

Let's hope that one day they will talk openly, tell us the truth as to how they were treated.

Let this be a warning to all foreigners, especially to Canadians, to never travel to that despicable country.

And we should never, ever forgive China for this crime that they committed.

Remember all this when you go shopping. Look for where a product is manufactured. If it's China, don't buy it.

Contact western countries that have manufacturing facilities in China. Pressure them to move elsewhere.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
DoubleB12
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoubleB12 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 24th, 2021, 9:18 pm I am glad that Trudeau won for the third time. This way he gets to keep the credit for all the hard work and diplomacy he has done to get the Michaels back. I am especially glad that the administration of Biden supported Trudeau - and did behind the scene diplomacy in order for the Michaels to be released. Today is a great day and a victory for Trudeau liberals.
Are you sure you were not at the KGH protests?? wow you have some seriously warped sense of reality!! [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”