Scheer: US citizen and liar

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Scheer: US citizen and liar

Post by OKkayak »

Hypocrites calling hypocrites hypocrites.

This is what politics has become [icon_lol2.gif]
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Where you been? This has always been the case and will be.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:
[icon_lol2.gif] What a hypocrite!!!

Why is he a hypocrite? Is he wanting to be governor general some day? Your post makes no sense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:Hmmmmm.......kinda interesting what his mentor and and the previous PM had to say about leaders running with dual citizenships.....

Jack Layton was a mentor for Scheer? Interesting. That guy just gets better and better all the time. Go Scheer!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

GordonH wrote:Prime minister of Canada doesn't need to be born here, unlike the president of the US.

No but he should be honest about it. It has nothing to do with where he was born. I believe he actually was born in Canada. It is the fact that he said, and I paraphrase here, how can we trust her if she holds dual citizenship. Something along those lines.
So how can we trust him if he holds dual citizenship_ I don't trust him anyway but that is beside the point.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Omnitheo wrote:
Liberal spokesperson Zita Astravas said Scheer has been "fundamentally dishonest with Canadians about who he is."

"Scheer's hidden his core personal positions, he hid facts about his career and education and now he's been caught hiding his American citizenship even while ridiculing others for holding dual citizenship ....

"How can Canadians trust him when he talks about what he'll do, including what he'll cut?"

But he's a Con - and that's all that matters to the child partisans. I'm not supporting Trudeau, but if we are going to vote solely on the party platforms I would prefer to "move forward". I'll vote NDP in my riding with the hopes we end up with a Liberal minority with the NDP and Green Party holding the balance of power. This government would represent the most Canadians.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

bb49 wrote:You guys do realize that Trudeau has fourteen MPs in his cabinet that were born outside Canada and/or hold dual citizenship.
No, I didn't think you did.

Nor do we care. And we don't really care that Scheer does either. It is the fact that he asked how we can trust others who hold dual citizenship while he himself does.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Let's see if I understand this story. Scheer is a dual citizen and lied about it. Personally, I do not believe in dual citizenship, but this is so trivial that I want to vote for Scheer; it's legal and there are probably a dozen MPs who are.

I supposed that I'm also a dual citizen because my mom is American, but I didn't tell you guys so that makes me a liar too.

Now, lying by omission about holding a second passport might be bad, but stalk that up against lying about SNC Lavalin, I'll take the dual citizen.

I wasn't going to vote Conservative, but Omnitheo has convinced me now to do it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Glacier wrote:Let's see if I understand this story. Scheer is a dual citizen and lied about it. Personally, I do not believe in dual citizenship, but this is so trivial that I want to vote for Scheer; it's legal and there are probably a dozen MPs who are.

I supposed that I'm also a dual citizen because my mom is American, but I didn't tell you guys so that makes me a liar too.

Now, lying by omission about holding a second passport might be bad, but stalk that up against lying about SNC Lavalin, I'll take the dual citizen.

I wasn't going to vote Conservative, but Omnitheo has convinced me now to do it.

No one cares about his dual citizenship. Nor did he lie about it. What he did was take others to task over their dual citizenship and ask how we can trust them. Which country would they serve? That is were the problem comes in
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

butcher99 wrote:
Nor do we care. And we don't really care that Scheer does either. It is the fact that he asked how we can trust others who hold dual citizenship while he himself does.

Not in context though. He was asking about the Governor General. That's the part the Libs keep omitting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

butcher99 wrote:
No one cares about his dual citizenship. Nor did he lie about it. What he did was take others to task over their dual citizenship and ask how we can trust them. Which country would they serve? That is were the problem comes in

Not really though. Totally different context.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I don’t think anyone here cares that he holds dual citizenship. What they care about is his hypocrisy. His attempts to throw everyone else under the bus for something he has himself, but then claim that he never thought it was important because nobody asked about it...while again criticizing the PM for also pulling the “that was in my past and I didn’t think it was relevant” card.

But this isn’t just about his hypocrisy, it’s about his outright lies too. Claiming to have been an insurance broker. His made up statistics at nearly every speech. His constant misrepresentations of the facts.

Some leaders make promises, and then fail to meet those when they get elected. Many on here refer to those as lies. Claiming the current PM lied about platforms, however his actions showed with many of those that weren’t met that they did at least try. I wouldn’t call a failed plan a lie. But in this case here, these aren’t even campaign platforms, or “future lies”. He’s lied about himself, his party, his opposition, who knows what else? And those who’ve based their election plans around voting against Trudeau for “lying” now need to do a bit of reflection before they vote for a known liar themselves.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I would think that being a US citizen and a Liar go hand in hand these days.

After all look at who is leading their country.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Same old conservative hypocrisy. Steve and his little pal Scheer trashed Mulcair for his dual citizenship. And it turns out it was pot and kettle.

It isn't that he had dual citizenship, it's that he claimed that it was so evil that Mulcair had dual citizenship. He appears about as dishonest with this as he is with his anti-abortion position. Scheer claims he won't re-open the issue, but if a backbencher does, well who knows where that will lead..... And Scheer wouldn't reveal how he'd vote on a private member's bill. Just can't be trusted.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

butcher99 wrote:
Glacier wrote:Let's see if I understand this story. Scheer is a dual citizen and lied about it. Personally, I do not believe in dual citizenship, but this is so trivial that I want to vote for Scheer; it's legal and there are probably a dozen MPs who are.

Exactly. Scheer does not seem to have ever lied about it, and if he did I'm sure the anyone but Scheer crowd will find proof he did.

Here's what you're expecting us to overlook: Sheer has never held a US passport as an adult, and has done nothing to maintain dual citizenship. He asked if it's Canadians find it reasonable for their governor general to maintain citizenship in more than one country:
He also asked his constituents if they felt it was appropriate for Jean to maintain her French passport. "Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?" Scheer asked.
...Jean renounced her French citizenship before she was sworn in as governor general and commander-in-chief of the Canadian Forces in 2005.

removed

Scheer's guilty of having a father born in the US and not doing the paperwork sooner, and asking constituents if they feel maintaining dual citizenship is appropriate, and not moving swiftly to fully end his paperwork-by-father's birth ties with the US.

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 4th, 2019, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Scheer is topic, not JT
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”