Suicide Hill

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Suicide Hill

Post by Even Steven »

Meh. What is the city losing from it, exactly?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Those with memories of how street was many years ago, will continue to call it Suicide Hill.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/31 ... ame-change

I will remember scaring the :cuss: out of myself as I got air off at least 1, then having to slam on brakes before the 27th st. After that day I had whole lot of respect for the stretch of 30th ave.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Suddenly I wish they had dash cams when you were young Gordon,
I would have enjoyed seeing your scare there.
I would love to hear some of your stories anytime you care to share them. You have seen lots of changes, and probably have some amazing things to share.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

stuphoto wrote:Suddenly I wish they had dash cams when you were young Gordon,
I would have enjoyed seeing your scare there.
I would love to hear some of your stories anytime you care to share them. You have seen lots of changes, and probably have some amazing things to share.

You would probably get more out of “You're a long time Vernonite if you can remember“
https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=18482

I grew up in Thompson Shuswap area, once I got d/l I would go to Vernon whenever I didn’t have work on the farm (which was rare).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

just more waste of time useless posturing by the lefty liberal PC correct morons
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

dontrump wrote:just more waste of time useless posturing by the lefty liberal PC correct *bleep*

Yeah, why go to the massive expense to rename a street? They should leave the name as Suicide Hill so the parents and friends of people who've taken their own lives will have a good reminder of their loss every time they hear about Suicide Hill. Rub their noses in it real good and proper.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Can I suggest a name?

How about " The Hill Formerly known as Suicide Hill " ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

can we call it bump hill, o wait never mind https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20a%20bump
the word bump might turn people into drug addicts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:
dontrump wrote:just more waste of time useless posturing by the lefty liberal PC correct *bleep*

Yeah, why go to the massive expense to rename a street? They should leave the name as Suicide Hill so the parents and friends of people who've taken their own lives will have a good reminder of their loss every time they hear about Suicide Hill. Rub their noses in it real good and proper.

LOL has not bothered a single soul since the beginning of the hill and its name till the lefty liberal PC started to take over our lives its ridiculous that the subject has even surfaced ;; move on its not of any concern to 99.9% of the people
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

just goes to show the horrible parenting going on, always everyone or someone else's fault
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Many suicide victims (not necessarily all) in their own way tend to send out little signs of their intention. Unfortunately many people don’t pay close enough attention to pick up on these little signs of looking for help.

Return to “North Okanagan”