Churches in BC

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

Churches in BC

Post by capleton »

What's with the Churches here asking to be open amidst a pandemic? *removed* In fact churches in the States are probably the reason casualties are so high there.
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2020, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Churches in BC

Post by Hmmm »

I see you are still trolling the religion and spirituality forum looking to bash people of faith at every opportunity. I'm sure it makes you feel good to try to crush others with your words. You are a wonderful person and a good contributor to society. Keep up the good work. Be sure to spit on baby's and step on puppy's today, to complete your good work. Or you could just let people alone who beleive other than you do and stop trying your best to be a insulting (you decide)
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:I see you are still trolling the religion and spirituality forum looking to bash people of faith at every opportunity. I'm sure it makes you feel good to try to crush others with your words. You are a wonderful person and a good contributor to society. Keep up the good work. Be sure to spit on baby's and step on puppy's today, to complete your good work. Or you could just let people alone who beleive other than you do and stop trying your best to be a insulting (you decide)
I see you are unable to provide any evidence for your removed beliefs, like all your fellow religionists. How is god not a imaginary friend?
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 22nd, 2020, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

capleton wrote: I see you are unable to provide any evidence for your removed beliefs, like all your fellow religionists. How is god not a imaginary friend?
In this thread, you didn't ask a question about proof of god. Hmmm made no mention of defending a belief in god.
Why do you expect hmmm to defend against your non stop attacks?

You should probably realize that your approach is off-putting. Why should anyone, who doesn't agree with you, bother to engage in debate when it's clear that you come across as being just as closed minded as you'd claim they are.

But, as to your initial point. We aren't allowed to have guests in our houses, but Churches want to keep their doors open to hundreds of people. It doesn't make any sense to me. I recognize the meaning that church has to people, so I don't dismiss their want to remain open, but when I think about it objectively, (or as close to objectively as I can be), I can't see a good reason to allow churches to stay open.

I also don't think that churches should benefit from tax exemptions.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

youjustcomplain wrote:
capleton wrote: I see you are unable to provide any evidence for your removed beliefs, like all your fellow religionists. How is god not a imaginary friend?
In this thread, you didn't ask a question about proof of god. Hmmm made no mention of defending a belief in god.
Why do you expect hmmm to defend against your non stop attacks?

You should probably realize that your approach is off-putting. Why should anyone, who doesn't agree with you, bother to engage in debate when it's clear that you come across as being just as closed minded as you'd claim they are.

But, as to your initial point. We aren't allowed to have guests in our houses, but Churches want to keep their doors open to hundreds of people. It doesn't make any sense to me. I recognize the meaning that church has to people, so I don't dismiss their want to remain open, but when I think about it objectively, (or as close to objectively as I can be), I can't see a good reason to allow churches to stay open.

I also don't think that churches should benefit from tax exemptions.
I'm going to keep asking for evidence because they have none whatsoever and it is entertaining. So far in my threads about the Great Flood, the Zombie invasion of Jerusalem and others I asked for explanations and none of the believers were able to give satisfactory answers besides magic.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

capleton wrote: I'm going to keep asking for evidence because they have none whatsoever and it is entertaining. So far in my threads about the Great Flood, the Zombie invasion of Jerusalem and others I asked for explanations and none of the believers were able to give satisfactory answers besides magic.
*Breaking News*

No one owes you an ounce of anything in what they believe in and why :smt045
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hmmm wrote:I see you are still trolling the religion and spirituality forum looking to bash people of faith at every opportunity. I
I wouldn't call it trolling. Rather, the OP is posting his opinion. It's about as ignorant an opinion as blaming atheists for the moral decay of society, but everyone is entitled to whatever opinion they want no matter how little thought they've put into it or how little evidence they have to support it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

capleton wrote:In fact churches in the States are probably the reason casualties are so high there.
:up: That's True ^.

The reason is all churches except a handful of weird little ones like Christ Scientist (whatever that is) they are all pro-vaccine. They get flu shots like crazy - then have Covid outbreaks in the churches.

The following Christian denominations have no theological objection to vaccination:

Roman Catholicism
Eastern Orthodox
Oriental Orthodox
Amish
Anglican
Baptist
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints​ (Mormon)
Congregational
Episcopalian
Jehovah's Witness - Note: This denomination originally denounced vaccination, but revised this doctrine in 1952. An article in a recent issue of the church's newsletter promotes vaccination to avoid infectious diseases.
Lutheran
Mennonite
Methodist (including African Methodist Episcopal)
Quaker
Pentecostal
Presbyterian
Seventh-Day Adventist
Unitarian-Universalist

https://www.vumc.org/health-wellness/ne ... d-religion
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Could you list the ones that do? Or have they all died out?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

1nick wrote:Could you list the ones that do?
:up: Good idea. Everyone should know which church actually believes in God. and hates vaccines.

Dutch Reformed churches are the only ones who believe in God, below is a map of where God is present.

^ Those cities-churches are the only ones who believe in God. And a few Orthodox Jews do too. all others are hypocrites.
some Jews oppose vaccines too.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

The Jews with the masks need to believe harder. The best of the religious should trust in god bc you don’t need a mask, seatbelt, look before crossing the street, and definitely don’t get a vaccine. The best christians never got polio.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2021, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Thinktank wrote: ... a map of where God is present.
Thanks for that :biggrin:

This is just for you TT - enjoy...

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Speaking as a raging moderate, I heard on KTLA5/Ch. 60 in Kelowna tonight that the U.S. Supreme Court has issued yet another decision about the pandemic and churches. Specifically, California may not outright ban indoor church services, but it may limit attendance to 25% of capacity and it may ban singing and chanting. I'm no Christian, but fair is fair., the main point being that why should churches be locked when other businesses are allowed to open. Should Canada see it differently?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

in Edmonton

That is absolutely disgusting.

Not long ago, we were slaughtering the leader of the country in Africa with the highest standard of living because
our rich guys love money.

and now we're jailing a pastor for opening a church.

God is not happy about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW5HMKcTwEY&t=415s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5zb9mt5R-8

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”