Canada needs a law like this.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Canada needs a law like this.

Post by fluffy »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 9:13 amI'm sure your sensationalized example makes sense to you, but it doesn't work like this with electrical equipment. The chargers can be added to any building down the road if people want them.

Thank you for bringing up such unrealistic scenario given lack of viable arguments though.
I'm saying that for new construction, and to a lesser degree in existing multi-unit developments, roughing in the wiring ahead of time will result in substantial savings over a retrofit. Read: Substantial. Chargers come later, and at the homeowners' expense.

As for your inference that my previous post was less than truthful go talk to anyone who lives in Gabion Courts at the foot of Green Ave. E. It's usually good practice to make sure you know what you're talking about before you call somebody a liar.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

fluffy wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 11:09 amI'm saying that for new construction, and to a lesser degree in existing multi-unit developments, roughing in the wiring ahead of time will result in substantial savings over a retrofit.
People who actually build housing can make that decision when they're planning their budgets.

.... before you call somebody a liar.
LOL I didn't call you a liar, I just told you your argument is grossly sensationalized and irrelevant because it doesn't apply in this case, and the only reason you brought it up is that you have no other arguments. That's not lying, that's just a bad argument.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Legislation mandating the installation of overpriced charging stations to supply increasingly unreliable and unaffordable electricity to hellishly expensive and potentially explosive battery packs is a scheme that stinks of brain-dead bureaucrats and lobbyists for the ‘green energy’ industry. Unfortunately, their numbers have not been reduced by the ongoing supply chain fiasco. :-X
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”