Rise in Gas Change your Travel Plans?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Rise in Gas Change your Travel Plans?

Post by Hmmm »

What a waste of an interview type story. Come on CN and find people that actually do travel. Guy on a scooter? Girl with no car? I felt robbed of my 1 minute watching this ridiculous story. https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ive#362527

As for me, I do travel and have an RV. I will only try to drive a bit slower in order to improve my mileage. Other than that I won’t be changing my plans.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
spooker

Re: Rise in Gas Change your Travel Plans?

Post by spooker »

The pandemic had more of an effect on our travel plans than gas prices ...

Though it looks like the prices have accelerated our schedule to sell our truck and camper ... exploring the used PHEV options for our next vehicle ... going to wait for the ID.Buzz before going full EV ...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Will be taking a few roadtrips, just not as many and they have to be areas I haven't been before. Except the South Okanagan, we always end up there during Spring flower season.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We haven't seen family and friends down in the coast since last July. Between fires, floods and covid, it seemed we were destined to never see them.

But we're off in a couple of days, come hell or high gas prices, we're going. Just thankful we have a car that's not overly thirsty.
I know I won't be doing the speed limit on the Coq. We'll see how many are.

Other than that, we're not taking many local trips into town.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

spooker wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 11:01 am The pandemic had more of an effect on our travel plans than gas prices ...

Though it looks like the prices have accelerated our schedule to sell our truck and camper ... exploring the used PHEV options for our next vehicle ... going to wait for the ID.Buzz before going full EV ...
Used vehicles appear to be a hot commodity, not sure about the camper though.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Hmmm wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 10:54 am What a waste of an interview type story. Come on CN and find people that actually do travel. Guy on a scooter? Girl with no car? I felt robbed of my 1 minute watching this ridiculous story. https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ive#362527

As for me, I do travel and have an RV. I will only try to drive a bit slower in order to improve my mileage. Other than that I won’t be changing my plans.
yup, that was a pretty bad story.........
Last edited by the truth on Mar 12th, 2022, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Gas prices dropping around 0.20/litre starting today through the weekend. They should drop a bit more over the next week or two.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 12:15 pm
spooker wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 11:01 am The pandemic had more of an effect on our travel plans than gas prices ...

Used vehicles appear to be a hot commodity, not sure about the camper though.
It's almost as bad as thinking about selling the house ... couldn't buy a good used vehicle even if you can sell the current used vehicle for a good price ...
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

As with most castanet article there is a total lack of JOURNLISM. and mostly fluff pieces with personal bias strewn in..... prove me wrong.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Still gonna drag the travel trailer around. The Tundra took 100 liters the other day!! May hafta cut back on the vodka tonics when glamping!! Nahhh what was I thinkin. :200:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

1,000 Kms on single tank of hydrogen, to hell with an EV.
https://www.electrichybridvehicletechno ... -fuel.html
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

When I started work for the company i work for now. I was given a gas card and truck . Assuming in lieu of wage. Now I have to drive my own vehicle. Or carpool. So I drive my own , as to not be in such close quarters with others ..so ya it’s affecting my life.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 7:08 pm 1,000 Kms on single tank of hydrogen, to hell with an EV.
Interesting. I would like to know the cost comparison for fuel.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Mar 12th, 2022, 6:13 am
GordonH wrote: Mar 11th, 2022, 7:08 pm 1,000 Kms on single tank of hydrogen, to hell with an EV.
Interesting. I would like to know the cost comparison for fuel.
Vancouver station is selling hydrogen at $12.65 per/kg and tank size of this Toyota is 5Kg.

My vehicle cost close to $90 to fill and get near 900Kms (Hwy) on a tank.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Mar 12th, 2022, 7:01 am
My vehicle cost close to $90 to fill and get near 900Kms (Hwy) on a tank.
So that's comparable. Real world results for the hydrogen car would be higher than from this test but still pretty good.

I woud rather drive something that I can fill quickly rather that a slow recharge rate.

I'm not convinced electric is the be all end all they are touting.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Grab Bag”